Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,083   Online: 988

Shooter
    Medium Format

Using Tetanal kit as Bleach + Fix rather than Blix

From what I've read, the Tetanal C-41 kit is a blix kit. Is it possible to use it as separate bleach and fix baths?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can use the dark red part as bleach if you add lots of Bromide, e.g. 50 g/l Ammonium Bromide. The second part, a yellowish liquid can be used alone to make fixer.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So it's not as simple as one part being a standalone bleach, and the other being standalone fixer. B is a standalone fixer, but A depends on B to work?

Since I haven't been able to find the Fuji kit Stateside, what's the best way (short of mixing bulk chemistry) to do a non-blix C-41 process in small quantity?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sehrgut View Post
    So it's not as simple as one part being a standalone bleach, and the other being standalone fixer. B is a standalone fixer, but A depends on B to work?
    Part A converts Silver to Silver ions, and Part B forms a soluble complex with Silver Ions. If you leave out Part B, you need an anion to make the Silver ions happy, preferably one the Silver ions really like, e.g. Bromide.

I have seen a report where someone just tried to mix Part A and Part B into separate bathes and he got brown stain on his slides - an indication that Silver was left behind.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the link! I hadn't run across that thread before. I'll read through it . . .

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin