Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,137   Online: 848

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    I guess I am just not clear on how hard it is to mount transparency film into slides. I have 30-40 rolls of film that need mounting and growing weekly. Is this something that will take me months to do?
    You have to be prepared to" suffer for your art ", and do the work, it's part of what being a real photographer is, not just being a button pusher.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    You have to be prepared to" suffer for your art ", and do the work, it's part of what being a real photographer is, not just being a button pusher.
    Why does this make me think of spotting prints made using a condenser enlarger?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Why does this make me think of spotting prints made using a condenser enlarger?
    I've been there too Matt and got the T shirt, my point is that excellence in any creative endeavour is "one part inspiration and ninety nine parts perspiration".
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    645 slides project nicely using standard 6X6 or 6X7 projectors. The problem is finding the appropriate mounts (and the projector). Labs used to mount them for 6X6 projectors unless you emphatically told them not to. A few may still do it if you emphatically tell the to do it. Hand mounting slides is not difficult. Although there are lots of special tools that can make things a lot quicker and easier, you can do a quite adequate job with scissors and a common iron.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin