Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,736   Online: 983

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Is Kodak Final Rinse the same stuff for E6 and C41, or are they different?

The stuff doesn't seem readily available outside the US. A bottle of E6 final rinse costs $3.95 at BH Photo Video, + $52.75 for shipping to Norway. Why are Kodak color chemicals so uncommon in Europe?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rewashing the spotted negatives seems to have worked pretty well. I may have added a scratch or two in the process so I'll be more gentle in the future. I simply dropped the cut negative into a dish with Stabilizer and swished everything around for a minute or so, then carefully (but not carefully enough) ran a damp sponge along each of them.

I may try longer washes next time per BMbikerider's recommendation. Overall I'm finding C-41 development to be much easier than expected, and the results (besides the above issues) have been very encouraging. Being able to process Portra 400 in 120 without having to ship it somewhere is terrific, and a _lot_ less expensive.

Thanks everyone.
    ----
    Jack Baty
    Director of Unspecified Services
    http://jackbaty.com | Flickr
    @jackbaty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great news. Glad that worked out and yea…
    introducing new scratches is always a danger.

Your process will perfect as you go so now you can shoot, shoot, shoot 120 without the processing costs looming in the back of your mind.

Have fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad it worked out for you.

And NO, C41 and E6 Final Rinse solutions are not the same.

You can make a common substitute as follows:

Mix Photo Flo 200 as instructed.

To one liter of this add between 3 and 10 ml of 37% Formaldehyde solution (Formalin). The range given is what I have seen in EK formulas. I use 10 ml.

This works for C41 and E6, and works for C41 films of all ages.

See the long thread here on stabilizers for color films.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I once played around with some left-over colour film and the Rollei Digibase kit. The results were excellent, apart from the exact same marks that the OP has shown us. I remember trying all sorts of things (demi-water, squeegee, adding photoflo), but the stain persisted. Then the kit was all used up and I never tried colour negs again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin