Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,481   Posts: 1,571,143   Online: 1167

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks for your response guys.

Just to confirm, the films I developed are Kodacolor II which is C41 process.

I'm confident that correct camera exposure was used at the time, so I can only think that they've not aged very well.

If it's possible to get more reliable results developing them as b&w, then I would. I just want to get a reasonable scanned image from them.

I also have 4 C22 process films from the 70's, and don't know what to do with those!

Barry

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggsy View Post
    Many thanks for your response guys.

Just to confirm, the films I developed are Kodacolor II which is C41 process.

I'm confident that correct camera exposure was used at the time, so I can only think that they've not aged very well.

If it's possible to get more reliable results developing them as b&w, then I would. I just want to get a reasonable scanned image from them.

I also have 4 C22 process films from the 70's, and don't know what to do with those!

Barry
    Barry, do as I said, find the thread on times for processing C-22 in C-41 with the adjusted temperature.

As for the Kodacolor II ... not sure how to help posting some pictures of the film itself (not a scan) might help some of us figure it out with more detail on what "didn't come out" means by seeing it.

Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    C-22 film in C-41 at 20C:

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by werra View Post
    C-22 film in C-41 at 20C:

Wait are you the guy I was referring to? Can you post the times I never wrote it down last time .. I will this time I swear! lol

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Why has the leader been developed and the rest of the film not?
    That would be my question as well. If C41 destroys the emulsion of C22 films at 38 C then what is different in the exposed leader which it seems has been satisfactorily developed?

I know we expect PE to comment on any difficult issues with colour film but I do hope he will contribute here

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggsy View Post

<snip>

Barry
    If you don't want to try processing them yourself:

http://www.processc22.co.uk/

http://www.filmrescue.com/

http://www.photocontinental.com.au/lab/lab_vintage_film

hth,
    kevs
    testing...

Shooter
    35mm
    I had mis-read part of smiggsy post and while my question on C22 above still stands, it is now asked out of interest.

Much more relevant is why if the correct C41 process for what were C41 films has worked on the leader, it hasn't worked for the rest of the film?

As I understand it the leader is in fact the same emulsion as the rest of the film but has simply been "zapped" with light. If this bit reacts properly to light and developer then why hasn't the rest?

We need you desperately P.E. Well the OP called smiggsy,Agx and I do to give us an answer

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The film leader received infinitely more (literally) light than the exposed frames.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Once again, thanks for your replies.

Like you all, I am puzzled with my results. Both films loaded on the spirals ok. The chemicals were fresh and at 38deg. They had 3mins 15sec in developer, 4mins in blix, a 3min water rinse, and 1min in stab.

Just imagine a correctly exposed and developed film with the usual fogged leader. Then completely erase all the images and name and numbers from the edge, and that's what they look like! On one film, looking very closely there are the faintest signs of a few margins and parts of some images.

As I have the equipment and chemicals, I would really prefer to try and get good results than "give in" to a processing house.

I too would be very interested to have the details to process C22 in C41. I'll patiently wait for the experts response.

Barry

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    The film leader received infinitely more (literally) light than the exposed frames.
    But (leaving aside the fenomenon of solarisation) there is a level of saturation of the halides (that will produce Dmax in development). And the exposure of the rebate-signing is in the same range.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin