Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,965   Posts: 1,523,318   Online: 1191

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Old film processing

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Yes and based on his current findings which produced practically nothing at normal dev times of 3 mins 15 secs he certainly shouldn't be conservative this week-end with his next attempt. I'd certainly go with the very long times and lower temps suggested. Better that he develops the hell out of these films to see if that works. I see no reason why sticking to normal times or only slightly longer times shouldn't produce blank films again - not what he wants.

pentaxuser
    My mistake, I forgot or missed he said it was Kodacolor II (C-41) not Kodacolor (C-22) that's why I was thinking he got bad results... I must be confusing threads somewhere... And yes conflict is normal but not "angry" here on APUG just heavy Opinions (and sometimes facts) please don't be put off by us OP we are still friends

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellent input guys.

This weekend I'll process a portion of another film at 38deg, with dev time of 9mins and blix of 8mins and see if I can get a usuable image.

Whatever the results may be, it should point me in the right direction to make any changes for the rest of the film.

It's o.k. STONE all opinions count. No need for the boxing gloves!

Barry
    Nikon user 42 years! Mamiya RZ67 user 19 years! Dizzy from darkroom fumes all my life!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggsy View Post
    Excellent input guys.

This weekend I'll process a portion of another film at 38deg, with dev time of 9mins and blix of 8mins and see if I can get a usuable image.

Whatever the results may be, it should point me in the right direction to make any changes for the rest of the film.

It's o.k. STONE all opinions count. No need for the boxing gloves!

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After developing a portion of Kodacolor II at the times and temp mentioned earlier, the film is completely green!

The fogged leader is a darker green. When closely viewed under strong light, like before there is the faintest portions of images and some borders. There is no name and frame numbers either.

Just to recap. Like before, I used fresh chemicals with a Jobo CPE2 & lift.

With recommended development times before I had the same very faint images etc. but with the normal orange colour.

I don't know what the next step is! Do I throw the remaining films in the bin and assume the film is just too old to be processed now?

Barry
    Nikon user 42 years! Mamiya RZ67 user 19 years! Dizzy from darkroom fumes all my life!

Shooter
    127 Format
    At least develop them in black and white instead of just tossing them out.

You might be surprised what a scanner can pull from those "green' negatives. Worth a try.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    After developing a portion of Kodacolor II at the times and temp mentioned earlier, the film is completely green!

Barry
    Sell them as Greenscale films similar to Rollei's Redscale ones More seriously it does rather look hopeless but the suggestion to try B&W is worth a shot. You might get something and if as you say there is important stuff from the past that matters to you and your family as I think you alluded to then if reasonably successful you'll have something to print and retain

pentaxuser

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Old film processing

The fogged leader is a darker green. When closely viewed under strong light, like before there is the faintest portions of images and some borders. There is no name and frame numbers either.

Just to recap. Like before, I used fresh chemicals with a Jobo CPE2 & lift.

With recommended development times before I had the same very faint images etc. but with the normal orange colour.

I don't know what the next step is! Do I throw the remaining films in the bin and assume the film is just too old to be processed now?

Barry
    Are you sure the canisters were not re-used? The results sound like E-6 cross processed... Why aren't you posting pictures of the film? That would help more than a description...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Normally, I'm not one to give up too easily, but yeah if the content was not so important I would have thrown them out years ago.

Developing them with b&w chemicals is probably my next step then.

Stone, I don't think it's worth trying to post pics of the film. No detail would be visible.It's just a plain green strip with lots of little square holes along both edges!

I'm 100% sure the canisters are not re-used. They're original Kodacolor II clearly marked as C41. And I have earlier Kodacolor X marked as C22.

Barry

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Old film processing

Normally, I'm not one to give up too easily, but yeah if the content was not so important I would have thrown them out years ago.

Developing them with b&w chemicals is probably my next step then.

Stone, I don't think it's worth trying to post pics of the film. No detail would be visible.It's just a plain green strip with lots of little square holes along both edges!

I'm 100% sure the canisters are not re-used. They're original Kodacolor II clearly marked as C41. And I have earlier Kodacolor X marked as C22.

Barry
    I would love to try out the C-22 in C-41 at lower temps so if you don't, I would love to take one as a test roll

~Stone

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin