Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 754

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Data-Chrome! That sounds like a great idea, they are just two counties away from me, about 150 miles so mail will arrive overnight.

I should try Data-Chrome and the use of an 82A and 82B filters.

It is certainly interesting how those dealers that sell CR-200 blatantly misrepresent this film and its results up to the point of denying anything is wrong when you ask them about the off color results, they will just ignore the inquiry at first, and then once I resubmit the email they just claim everyone else is getting good results with the film with no complaints.

They do of course, offer a refund which is good but you are still out the time and effort along with the processing costs which are more than the film costs.

I will bet this film is a pain in the ass for these reputable dealers, they know it gives weird results, must be embarrasing to sell a questionable film like this and then claim "its fine" and then even display a few sample images that look great.

The CN-200? people seem to really like it, just a few complaints about grain, has nice color rendition that is quite desireable, this film was first marketed as Rollei scan film CN-400 then Rollei/Maco has found that rating it at 200 ASA it does a much better job, this is the Aviphot 400X.

I have some of the discontinued Aviphot N400 which has the orange mask, it is marketed By Macodirect.de as Maco TCS 400 Eagle traffic surveilance film, the images from this film are really nice with little grain, powerful color with a vintage look, this might be a good film to copy over onto Kodak Vision motion picture print film to make slides. I have copied the original Leverkusen Agfa Vista 200 on to the Kodak Vision print film with spectacular results.
    Last edited by Alpenhause; 02-16-2013 at 11:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My attemps at shooting CR200 ended in similar yellow results. I have read about the possibility to adjust for it by changing the developement parameters. But I am not developing E6 myself, yet.

Luckily, for those who own Photoshop, at least the scans can be corrected within a click.

Christian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rollei-CR200.jpg   Rollei-CR200-corrected.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by j.c.denton View Post
    My attemps at shooting CR200 ended in similar yellow results. I have read about the possibility to adjust for it by changing the developement parameters. But I am not developing E6 myself, yet.

Luckily, for those who own Photoshop, at least the scans can be corrected within a click.

Christian
    That is exactly how my slides look, this is a perfect example of the "Yellow" of the CR-200.

I just don't have any use for a film like this, too much work to get the colors right so that the slides can be projected.

Good thing this film works great for cross processing in C-41, I am thinking this film is not going to be all that popular as a slide film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    That is exactly how my slides look, this is a perfect example of the "Yellow" of the CR-200.

I just don't have any use for a film like this, too much work to get the colors right so that the slides can be projected.

Good thing this film works great for cross processing in C-41, I am thinking this film is not going to be all that popular as a slide film.
    Thinking aloud: one might take a picture of a Macbeth chart (or similar) with this film and project this slide as the first slide of each projection (or of each tray). Human eye is very adaptable and if you project in the dark, such a trick should make people adjust their "white point" so that they cannot notice any cast.

I am not saying this as a fact, but as an interesting hypothesis, or something on which to experiment.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting that an E-6 film would have that heavy of a yellow cast, especially when it's being marketed as a film that is color accurate. Would that yellow cast still happen then if I were to expose it at EI 160 or say EI 320?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I doubt it, This film is bordrline incorigible, I am not going to mess with it anymore......

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be a good idea for Maco to comment on this cast.

I have not come across any statement by them on this matter anywhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wittner Cinetech is bringing this film to super-8 and 16mm motion picture use. What's interesting is that in the test footage there seems to be no such heavy yellow cast (one example by Friedemann Wachsmuth here: http://www.peaceman.de/temp/Schmalfilmtitel-01-13.jpg ). Some suggest that the Rollei CR200 might not be fresh stock as opposed to the stock Wittner has bought from Agfa and is distributing. Wittner also sells this same film for 35mm still use as bulk under the name Agfa Aviphot Chrome 200 -- maybe somebody should buy a roll and test it and compare to Rollei CR200.

There is another thread on this
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...ase-cr200.html

I posted samples from the one roll I shot which came out fine with nice neutral tones and clear whites (snow example) except for one frame which had some yellow bands which leads one to think that it is a processing issue. Maybe that frame was spaced closer to another film and did not get as much volume of chemicals in one of the stages. Remember the film has a polyester base and I think is thicker as well.

There are other examples from another poster on the last page of the thread, home processed, with no issues. I have yet to try another roll but will do so soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So where does the yellow cast come from ? Old age, processing ?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin