Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,654   Online: 874

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    127 Format
    Maybe we need to process it in Pepsodent?
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    I wonder if the unique color cast is really something that needs to be "corrected"? I like the colors and try to use them to my advantage; I'm not saying everyone should be like me, but an open mind doesn't hurt. I sometimes use tungsten balanced film in a similar manner to CR200, except the former obviously has an opposite effect. The two types of film compliment each other nicely, I think.

Car by LJ Slater, on Flickr

Car by LJ Slater, on Flickr

The top photo was made with CR200 and is the same photo I posted in a previous thread. The second photo was made with Fuji T64. Both of these are scans of homemade internegs so they're a little rough but I think they show what I'm on about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have found a shop in Germany that has the Agfa Aviphot 200 Chrome film for sale in 100' rolls that they apparently have purchased directly from Agfa Belgium and have packaged the film for sale.

I have sent an email to service@wittner-cinetec.com to inquire on the film's freshness and whether or not the film they sell is "Yellow".

I am thinking the Rollei branded CR-200 film is old, and has been frozen and thawed out too many times, all the while the vendors that sell this film sit there and say nothing is wrong with the film! Agfa's own literature says the film is NEUTRAL color balanced, balanced for 5500K.

I will see what http://www.wittner-cinetec.com/home.php people have to say about the slide film they package and sell.

Let's see what happens! This is totally a load of Garbage that Rollei would knowingly sell this film in its screwed up form! There are just way too many reports on the internet of this film sold by Rollei being "Yellow"!

Just why in the Hell should we photographers sit there in denial about a screwed up film being sold as being "Normal"!

Look at the Agfa PDF about this film! It says NEUTRAL color rendering, 5500K color balance!

Stand up and be counted! there is no excuse to be selling screwed up film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Folks, look at this URL

Look at the results Wittner Cinetec is gettting out of the Aviphot 200 chrome film in Super-8 and 16mm formats, look at the color rendition! looks like Agfachrome RSX 200 to me, No ugly yellow cast!

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...2fnews2013.php

Shooter
    35mm
    So why is everyone else getting a yellow cast on their pictures?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    I have found a shop in Germany that has the Agfa Aviphot 200 Chrome film for sale in 100' rolls that they apparently have purchased directly from Agfa Belgium and have packaged the film for sale.

I have sent an email to service@wittner-cinetec.com to inquire on the film's freshness and whether or not the film they sell is "Yellow".
    when you get the details please let us know. wonder how much to ship to the states?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is the follow-Up, I had inquired to Wittner-Cinetec in Germany, They Have assured me that their Aviphot Chrome 200 color slide film is not yellow, here is the email they sent to me:

Dear Mr. Icanberry,

thank you for your message.

Here you will find some sample pictures of our batch
    http://www.wittner-cinetec.com/neu/news2013.php

The are NOT color corrected!

Emulsion No. is 6782.16, currently the same for Super 8 and 35mm still film (same wide roll).

I do not know what could cause this yellow colour cast, which you have experienced.
    But our batch does not show this problem obviously.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact me again.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Best regards

Ingolf Joost
    Wittner Cinetec GmbH & Co. KG
    Beaulieu Deutschland
    Posso Deutschland
    www.wittner-cinetec.com
    www.posso-germany.com
    www.beaulieu.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ammersbek. Amtsgericht Lübeck HRA 4657 HL.
    Komplementärin/Geschäftsführung: Wittner Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH,
    Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ammersbek. Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 6527 HL.
    Geschäftsführer der Wittner Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH: Daniel Wittner

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the update. I assume sooner or later we shall have an side-by-side comparison of both conversions here at Apug.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far according to Wittner-Cinetec they will ship a 100" roll to the USA for only 7 Euros, I would imagine that is for regular class mail, could be a few weeks for it to arrive.

I am thinking Wittner-Cinetec would most likely offer faster shipping if requested.

Things are looking up for having fresh Agfa 200 ASA color slide film that will render colors like a normal slide film that are ready to project without the "Piss-A-Chrome" effect of that Rollei CR-200 film.

Agfa color slide film that is old and had not been stored well often renders the yellow cast, I am thinking the Rollei CR-200 that is sold by Macodirect.de and Freestylephoto is just old poorly stored film that both vendors obtained on the cheap, both vendors claim that nothing is wrong with the film despite a huge number of people reporting an ugly yellow cast of varying degree, both vendors will happily give you a refund if you are not satisfied with the results but what good is that when your travel photos are ruined? I would bet Agfa of Belgium is not too pleased about this "yellow" problem, perhaps embarrased, after all Agfa is a first rate film manufacturer that takes pride in its products, it is doubful the film Agfa sold to Rollei was defective, I am thinking this film was abused after Agfa sold it therefore causing the "yellow" cast to it.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa let Maco label their Aviphot conversion with their Agfa-logo. And there is no hint at all that Maco got that film "on the cheap".
    However, I doubt that at Agfa anyone is concerned if one their niche films does not score well at the consumer market. The bridges to that market have been demolished years ago.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin