Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,419   Online: 928

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, indeed, bought at Maco. On a side note, the film was delivered in black plastic tubes labled Rollei CR200. But the film roles themselves were labled Lomography X-Pro Slide 200.

Christian

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh no, Lomography! :P

Whatever happened the theory that CR200 is based on film originally developed for aerial surveillance, thus the yellow cast is intentionally applied to counter the colder color temperature that comes with photographing at high altitudes?

Did we decide that's not the case after all?

I do agree that venders need to change their descriptions and "sample shots" instead of regurgitating Agfa's schpeal. At the very least, they could provide a link to the datasheet on Maco's website, although that too needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by LJSLATER; 03-20-2013 at 10:10 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Dementia

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    -) there is no hint the emulsion was designed specifically for aerial photography
    -) in aerial photography filters are used
    -) Agfa state the grey-balance of their film

-) there is report of early sample of CR 200 being neutral

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You know Agfa Belgium PDF lists this film as being neutral color balance....
    Why should we put up with screwed up old abused film????
    AgX has a good point, this is supposed to be "normal" color slide film. We need to admonish Maco/Rollei to provide the proper film in proper condition, this "yellow" product is just a sick joke! It should look like Agfa RSX 200.

The vendors of this "CR-200 E-6 film" need to correct this problem, just sell this existing crap as crossprocess film and then obtain the fresh stuff that is not yellow to sell as normal color slide film.

Stand up an be counted! let the Lomography, macodirect.de, Freestylephoto.biz, digitaltruth.com and others that sell this "Yellow" rendering slide film that we will no longer put up with this B.S.!

Somehow I beleive Agfa Belgium is still producing good color slide film, once I get this 100 foot 35mm roll from Wittner-Cinetec this mystery will be solved leaving the aforementioned vendors looking like scammers, real idiots out to sell junk old abused film.

I think only a week or two left before my 100 foot roll arrives from Germany, I will put together a 20 shot roll, send it to a local E-6 lab and see how it looks, I think this will put an end to this mystery once and for all, after all Wittner-Cinetec has assured me their 35mm roll is cut from the same master roll their 8mm and 16mm movie film is cut from.

Whatcha gonna do?

Stay tuned!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3004_g.jpg  
    Last edited by Alpenhause; 03-21-2013 at 01:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post

Whatcha gonna do?

Stay tuned!
    I will, sir. As I stated in another thread, I'm somewhat fascinated by this film. Ektachrome is gone, but a small company in Germany is still supposedly making a profit on a yellow, ultra-grainy reversal film (not necessarily a bad thing!).

I do think, to be fair, the vendors should be contacted by one or more of us users. It's not reasonable to expect them to thoroughly test every emulsion they sell, or is it?

I'm a couple towns away from Freestyle's storefront; the next time I'm there (probably a few weeks from now), I'll try to ask them about their sample photos and online description.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
    I do think, to be fair, the vendors should be contacted by one or more of us users. It's not reasonable to expect them to thoroughly test every emulsion they sell, or is it?
    If you consider how much consumer format film a single master roll yields not much emulsion testing is needed. However
    if related to conversions and Batch testing this may be more.

Maco do read Apug and once they were members or still are.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
    I do think, to be fair, the vendors should be contacted by one or more of us users.
    I did, last Monday, by mail. No reaction.

Christian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    well, the roll got delivered today. gonna roll two short rolls to shoot with. I have my F5 loaded with velvia 100, so I'll put one roll into my F4 and shoot the same thing with the same lens and compare the two. also, when the velvia runs out, I'll put the other cr-200 roll in the F5 and shoot with that, to see if there is any camera difference between the F4 and the F5. then back home to develop them.

stay tuned.........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    back from shooting. woudl'nt ya know it, the F5 batteries died. so no pix to compare to. but heating up the E-6 chems now to develop the 20 or so pix I took with the CR-200

Shooter
    127 Format
    I wanna see....
    - Bill Lynch

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin