Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,076   Online: 949

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Is Rollei CR-200 slide film aka Aviphot Chrome 200 sliide film "Yellow"?

Is Rollei CR-200 slide film aka Aviphot Chrome 200 sliide film "Yellow"
    Has anyone used the Rollei branded 200 ASA slide film in 120 or 35mm and the resulting slides have a strong yellow cast? I am referring to the film having been processed in E-6 for slides

This film is repackaged Afga Belgium Aviphot Chrome 200 and is also marketed as Lomographic X-Pro 200.

Please bear in mind there were no errors in the E-6 process at my lab, the Ektachrome and Fujichrome rolls processed at the same time and batch look perfect.

Are the fine folks at Macodirect.de, Freestylephoto.biz just blatantly selling film with a weird strong yellow cast when processed in E-6?

None of them are answering my questions about the yellow cast in this film, I wonder why?

Oh! They say it is Agfa RSX 200 slide film on a different base! Yeah right......

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are people who report to have experienced this cast from the start of that small gauge conversion, but there is also report of the film being without cast at the beginning of that conversion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    There are people who report to have experienced this cast from the start of that small gauge conversion, but there is also report of the film being without cast at the beginning of that conversion.
    Is it possible I got some screwed up film?

Shooter
    35mm
    I use CR200 film and with proper bleach fixing there is no colour cast. The wash times I find are a little short so I increase them by 1 minute

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    I use CR200 film and with proper bleach fixing there is no colour cast. The wash times I find are a little short so I increase them by 1 minute
    I wonder if my lab is not processing correctly, The other films processed at the same time in the same batch look fine

Shooter
    127 Format
    As an alternative, I have heard of people E6 processing CN-200 for more pleasing results. The CN-200 is on a clear base with no orange mask.

I am anxious to try both films.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some people experience this, some don't. My experience has been in between; I found that it definitely skews yellow compared to other slide films, but in a way that looks warm rather than unnatural. Downrating it to 160 or so seems to help for some people, and it may also depend on lighting. I think one person reported a "cure" based on slightly extending the first dev bath. The issue has been discussed here several times with no clear conclusion.

I thought it was known definitely to be the RSX II emulsion, and that the same emulsion was also used for the aerial film, but on reflection I'm not sure how strongly we really know that.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why do people post questions about film without uploading an example?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    This film normally has no cast. It has a little colour shift in the yellow, because it was designed to be used as an aerial film. SO in the sky you have a natural blue filter
    But a yellow cast no. This film is more sensitive to the chemistry age. It can explains why you have such a cast.
    In my own lab, I have a very normal slide film, with very good results. Even the yelllow colour shift is very faint.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    This film normally has no cast. It has a little colour shift in the yellow, because it was designed to be used as an aerial film. SO in the sky you have a natural blue filter
    This is not reflected in the data given by Agfa.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin