Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,944   Online: 923

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Shot ISO 160 film as ISO 400, should I trash it?

Please don't laugh!

I have shot two rolls of 35mm ISO 160 film last week. The camera was set to ISO 400, should I trash the two rolls? Is sending it to the lab a waste of money?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which film?

What sort of light - flash, contrasty sun, high overcast, ... ??

What sort of subject - portraits, product shots, landscapes, birthday parties?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    In my experience, unless it's slide film, it should be fine. 1-2 stop underexposure won't kill color negative film...in fact, might make it quite saturated depending on the film itself.
    K.S. Klain

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ha! Try harder. Maybe 3200. No, certainly don't trash it. You might have lost some shadows, but definitely worth processing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Which film?

What sort of light - flash, contrasty sun, high overcast, ... ??

What sort of subject - portraits, product shots, landscapes, birthday parties?
    You are right... Here you are:Fuji 400H, 35mm. No flash. I have used them during an engagement session. Shadow, no contrasty sun.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    Ha! Try harder. Maybe 3200. No, certainly don't trash it. You might have lost some shadows, but definitely worth processing.
    Thanks so much! I will send them to the lab.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haring View Post
    You are right... Here you are:Fuji 400H, 35mm. No flash. I have used them during an engagement session. Shadow, no contrasty sun.
    You mean Fuji Pro 160S?

It may very well deliver better results than 400H @ 400 anyway :P

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why you don't ask the lab to push them +1 stop , recently at our lab we devlop portra 160 push +2 1/2 stop with
    very good result contrast go up a bit.

Thanks Chamon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chamon88 View Post
    Why you don't ask the lab to push them +1 stop , recently at our lab we devlop portra 160 push +2 1/2 stop with
    very good result contrast go up a bit.

Thanks Chamon
    Agree, a +1 stop push is nothing really, a good lab should be able to do this.

Shooter
    35mm
    I join the choir here, get them pushed +1 in development and you'll probably be happily surprised how good it looks!

Some time ago I shot a cpl of rolls APX 100, thinking it was HP5+ 400, on EI 1600 (they came from an unmarked bulk loader and the previous owner told me it was HP5+ in it)..

When I found out I had not yet developed the rolls and managed to actually at least get something on almost all frames, I'm not saying I'd recommend this, but I'm sure there's a bunch of people who'd call the pictures great modern art....

http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin