Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,605   Online: 810

Shooter
    Multi Format

Anyone using Fuji Instant film for a Color Negative

Post title about says it all. I have heard that some people are using the Fuji instant peel apart film and recovering a negative that can be printed in the darkroom or scanned. If so what kind of results are you getting and is it worth the effort. Can anyone steer me toward info on this process?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have not used it for printing, only for image transfers (peeling it apart early and rolling the negative onto a piece of paper). One thing I do know is that the negative remains very sensitive to light, so I think it would be very difficult.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have played with this a little, and while looking for information I found this blog entry that gives some very useful ideas (including the issue of the negative fading, to some extent).
    “For me, the camera is a sketch book, an instrument of intuition and spontaneity.”
    ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I love doing this. Here is a link to a video
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7diQfXiTfBg
    I would recommend taping the edges of negative to glass. Stops bleach from seaping under and messing with emulsion.
    Waiting for darkroom to open back up to try printing them so for now I just scan and print.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I have played with this a little, and while looking for information I found this blog entry that gives some very useful ideas (including the issue of the negative fading, to some extent).
    "Bleach" is a very ambiguous designation.

Which kind of bleach did he use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    any kind of household bleach works fine, e.g. clorox, etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes Clorox laundry bleach is what I use.
    Here is example of what I was able to get with old polaroid camera and Fuji instant film
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cotton candy (1 of 1).jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't tried it yet, but I've been carefully letting all my negatives dry and storing them to try it in the future.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin