Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,847   Online: 1053

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Crikey, she needs a good meal. That's probably why her nipples went black and fell off. Somebody give her a big plate of steak and chips, followed by jam roly-poly and custard!
    testing...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Being a Yank can you give me a quick description of your Brittish culinary delights mentioned?
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bruce,

the vsco filters sampled are imitating polaroid which had a very unique and popular look, did it not, although not something you'd try to do with e6

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Being a Yank can you give me a quick description of your Brittish culinary delights mentioned?
    Good thing I didn't mention Spotted Dick then... From teh wiki:
    "Jam Roly-Poly ... is a traditional British pudding probably invented in the early 19th century.[1] It is a flat-rolled suet pudding, which is then spread with jam and rolled up, similar to a Swiss roll, then steamed or baked."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jam_Roly-Poly

Just what that there model needs...
    Last edited by kevs; 02-22-2013 at 11:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    testing...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kevs View Post
    Good thing I didn't mention Spotted Dick then...
    Spotted Dick is when you print dusty negs of Dick.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Ugh...A creative crutch

LOL they have a sensor bar app for images to be blacked out, so it already exists...

My GF's reaction to this photo was "I mean... Why bother?" Regarding the whole process, and I agree why not just put her in water in the first place lol.

It's hard because, as a guy with little finances, I would love to shoot a nude model on say the Great Wall of China, but that would cost a lot and potentially get arrested, so if I had the skills I could just Photoshop it. But then it take the power out of it because nothing is real.

I dunno. I would still like a Velvia or Kodachrome or Ektachrome EPT which I love.

And yes Polaroid's are often unpredictable but you could creat some algorithm. You could even add a temperature/humidity scale so when you shoot you record the temperature then later input that into the filter to get your result.

of course you could always support the Impossible Project and shoot real Polaroid film (and Fuji peel apart) and hopefully soon the type 55 project out of Boston, super excited about that!

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by horacekenneth View Post
    Bruce,

the vsco filters sampled are imitating polaroid which had a very unique and popular look, did it not, although not something you'd try to do with e6
    Ah, ok Ken…so all those are representative of a type of Polaroid emulsion?
    I first saw these in a popular website's wedding forum and didn't realize they were mostly of polaroid.

There has been a trend to make the digi b/w look weak with no true blacks and I just detest it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bruce, the original vsco film pack imitated a wide range of color neg, e6 and black and white films. I know the b&w look you're talking about. I actually kind of like it in a limited application. The pack announced here is specifically polaroid I believe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    do you actually know how to do this? if so can you PM me some info? I have all the tools (scanner,lightroom,photoshop) that I should need but have no idea how to do that but would like to, I've created some slide film coloring techniques (by altering the time/temp of the color developer) to get some different color tones from chrome, and I would like to have the OPTION of knowing how to mimic that since E-6 is so expensive... (in comparison to Rodinal haha). Thanks.
    X-Rite passport colour checker + it's software can create .dpc profiles you can use, there's a free tool to decode those to numeric values and back again so you can subtract one from the other.

Anyway, bit busy atm, but can pm tomorrow etc

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Ugh...A creative crutch

Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    X-Rite passport colour checker + it's software can create .dpc profiles you can use, there's a free tool to decode those to numeric values and back again so you can subtract one from the other.

Anyway, bit busy atm, but can pm tomorrow etc
    Thanks no rush, me too.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin