Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,162   Online: 963

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I've had a lot of time to think about this lately, between taking a photoshop class to catch up to the rest of the digital photographers today (who I'm loosing clients too because I can't do retouches like them that the clients demand) and I recently also saw this image...

Attachment 64618

I was asked what I thought of it, I was horrified... there should be some kind of new term for extremely modified digital art that isn't called a "photograph" because that's not a photo that's a digital rendering at that point...

Anyway I've come to the conclusion that for me, doing things like dodging and burning and color adjustments can all be done in the darkroom, even some basic layering could be done by masters, but something like this is just not ok... but it's the way the world works, people change, technology changes... but I think, for me, knowing how to adjust color tone and doge and burn some areas is about all I'll accept from myself and I think that's ok.

So as my previous post stated, I think it's OK to adjust color tones to match a film type. I especially think it's ok if that film is no longer available.

Anyway that's my take...
    Have you seen Jerry Uelsmann's work?
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Ugh...A creative crutch

Quote Originally Posted by Darkroom317 View Post
    Have you seen Jerry Uelsmann's work?
    No, I can look later tonight.

I just want a new word for composite and heavily photoshopped images that isn't "photography" like "composit image" or "digitalography"

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Is that word "fauxtography" ? I don't know who invented it, but it's been around for a while.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Ugh...A creative crutch

Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    Is that word "fauxtography" ? I don't know who invented it, but it's been around for a while.
    Perfect!

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Ooops, now I see that the term was mentioned earlier in this thread too! By kevs in post #11.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin