Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,679   Online: 1067

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ugh...A creative crutch

A plug-in to mimic instant film. Reminds me of those junky Polaroid type 55 edge plugin for photoshop.

http://www.petapixel.com/2013/02/18/...photographers/
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They look nice to me, a lot nicer than standard digital output color scheme

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You really don't need a plugin for that; just be inept with the curves control and you're there. Oh wait, this is an analog forum.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    +1!

Jonathan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think it looks nice. I don't like the sheer lack of authenticity or originality it encourages. I just don't like the fakery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They need to have to recreate that Polaroid smell when the run the filter on your computer.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I agree that you don't have to buy the "filters". I get "looks without the label" that I like easily in Adobe Lightroom. (verboten).
    Heck of a lot easier to DIY digitally rather than messing with tea, coffee, wine, Dektol, and the rest in the darkroom to narrow in on an effect.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Ugh...A creative crutch

Does it have a REAL Kodachrome look? Since you can't get that... I would like a plugin that ONLY provides RETIRED films, that say I could be authentic with digital but not a sell out

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's a random quality of analog that digital doesn't have. Each Polaroid print is different because of processing temperature, how the photographer pulls the film the batch of film etc. The music of chance is missing in digital photography. These image processing filters creates imperfections perfectly every time!
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why 'fauxtographers' can't find an aesthetic for their medium rather than imitating media they consider inconvenient, inferior and outmoded is beyond me. You don't see watercolourists trying to make their paintings look like charcoal sketches, do you?

Anyway, shouldn't this thread be in the Lounge?
    testing...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin