Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,504   Online: 956

Shooter
    35mm

AGFA Super 8 colour reversal on the horizon...

Hi guys!
    I discovered from gaugefilm the following article (needs to be translated)

http://www.wittner-cinetec.com/neu/n...php#20130205-1

AGFA is filling the gap for a reversal stock, you can also find this on andec film website.
    This is amazing news, leaving us with a choice of Fuji Velvia or the AGFA 160D that is upcoming. I always like AGFAs black and white materials, i cannot speak for their colour materials, their slide film (cr200) is quite grainy (35mm), but as this emulsion is 160ASA they are probably tweaking it a bit. The cost of black and white was increased as well, and my stock is depleted, and its not easy to obtain in the UK as present. A shame as i am going to london this weekend and would have loved to get black and white super 8 of the tube. It is also going to be available from ANDEC, as well.

This is good news for any super 8 shooters, including myself! There is light at the end of the tunnel! I cannot wait to get my hands on this new stock to try it out, but i have depleted my cash on stocking up on still film, and loads of paper. I am down to my last litre of E6.

And a little thing i will also put here, the price of velvia 100 appears to have increased by £2 from 7 day shop and other places, as have the cost of the E6 5L kits, both at identical times. Not sure if anyone else can elaborate on this or if it is just me...

I hope everyone is well.

Jacob

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That film is the same as the CR200 you refer to.

Agfa did not make new reversal film but sold long-rolls to be converted by Wittner. They recently invested in perforators and tools.

In that Wittner text I did not read anything about ISO160 either.

In the photo belonging to that news-report boxes of "wittnerCHROME 200D -16O ASA notch" are shown.
    Last edited by AgX; 02-27-2013 at 07:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah that might be the case... I may have missed out the 'notch' part,
    Andec did state it was 160 ASA, but that might just be the notching of it. This would also mean it would work in virtually all auto cameras with proper exposure?
    http://andecfilm.de/en/e_s8_e6-ec64t.htm

But whatever it is, i am still pleased that the slack is being taken up after kodak ceased manufacture, and I am sure it will be a fun stock to use : )

Sorry if i have confused by stating the emulsion is 160ASA if it indeed isn't...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, Wittner did what had been hinted at and awaited here at Apug. Thanks for hinting at that news report!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's one frame http://www.peaceman.de/temp/Schmalfilmtitel-01-13.jpg from test footage by Friedemann Wachsmut, also featured on the latest issue of Schmalfilm. Looks very promising!

Shooter
    35mm
    It does! I cannot wait to be able to shoot some myself!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's some footage by Friedemann, taken with an iphone from the projected image but nevertheless, the colors look really nice: http://vimeo.com/61079295

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

AGFA Super 8 colour reversal on the horizon...

Quote Originally Posted by kuparikettu View Post
    Here's one frame http://www.peaceman.de/temp/Schmalfilmtitel-01-13.jpg from test footage by Friedemann Wachsmut, also featured on the latest issue of Schmalfilm. Looks very promising!
    Colors are really nice but very grainy, a pleasing grain but certainly nothing as fine grained as Velvia and Provia100f would blow it away in grain. But yes the color is much nicer for skin.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin