Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,903   Online: 1034

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

First roll developed of my Fuji Fortia

first off I know this is not the best picture, but....... not really sure I picked this one to upload except it is exactly as I remember it, colors brightness and all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan-130227-0002.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	64863

wow is this film awesome. this is just a straight jpg that was sized reduced right out of vuescan with no processing at all, just a little ICE. colors are great and not over done like i was kinda expecting based on things I've read. sharp, sharp, sharp. on the uncompressed TIFF I can fill the clock on the tower completely in the screen and read it with little to no artifacting. The yellow tiles of the dome, when you zoom in, can be clearly separated with the white grout in between. the top of the clock tower dome that has the ornate metal design, you can see the sky through it and clearly make out edge detail.

Oh, one more thing I really like about this film. My butt white boys are still butt white! no awful huge red cast to white skin like velvia 50 and 100. There is some boost to the skin color but nothing like the velvia's. More like Provia. so now i have a slide film with great colors that I can have my family in. Alas I only have 9 rolls left and will more than likely never be able to buy any more. So I will save them for special moments (which means in 10 years i'll have 8 rolls left) while I use my stash of velvia for everything else. And when these were projected, just breathtaking. can't wait to show them to my DSLR shooting friends and ask them to compare their "slide shows" to mine. take that

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks good, I guess the colour really stands out when projected, vs. LCD screens.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Don't let them disintegrate waiting for the perfect time. Use them now while you can still enjoy their beauty.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I wonder why this was discontinued so quickly. Hmm, I do notice the background is very dark, perhaps there were complaints about this over Velvia? anyone know why?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It was a special run film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji made it in both 120 and 35mm. I still have seven rolls of 120 in the freezer, need to pop them out and use them.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    It was a special run film.
    Yes, it was very special to me, my first slide film

Shooter
    35mm
    The pinks and greens I've seen on shots on flickr....
    WOW...
    It's like candyland

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How I miss those beautiful colors!

Shooter
    4x5 Format

First roll developed of my Fuji Fortia

Nice image and great reproduction. Where was this photo taken? Seems like cool place to explore.
    David S. Nardi Photography
    'preserving the beauty in nature'
    www.davidnardi.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin