Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,658   Online: 972

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Pouring chemicals while rotating drum?

Hi all,

Is there a way to pour c41 developing chemical in to the 2940 drum( Two 8x10 films) while it's rotating without the lift? (I have the old version cpe 2 without the lift)

It takes me about 5 sec to pour the developer in and I think it's causing the unevenness on the film. ( I don't understand why sometimes I get perfectly even films tho)

I've heard that lowering the temperature and increase the developing time would help for no lift cpe users. Do you have any recommended degrees and time?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by rustyair; 03-04-2013 at 08:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Changes in time and temperature for color film will cause color problems. You can get a funnel and hose to pour while it rotates.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Changes in time and temperature for color film will cause color problems. You can get a funnel and hose to pour while it rotates.
    Shoot, Why didn't I think of that? Thanks!!!

Also, Do you the difference between the triangle shape jobo print clip and non triangle shape one? (pic attached)
    Do you use all six of them for secure two 8x10 sheets in jobo print drum? How do you use them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails $T2eC16JHJGwE9n)ySdiqBRCghFUWSQ~~60_57.JPG  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use two of the clips without wings. They slip over the tall ridges in the drum to prevent the sheets from coming loose and overlapping. I use on on the center ridge on the side that has three tall ones, and another on the ridge opposite the first. You can put them on after you load the sheets or before. I tend to do it before and just slip the film down between the ridges as I load.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    The clips with wings are used to separate smaller sheets of film so they will not slide over one another.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Google this. There are some articles/forum responses on set-ups to circumvent the lift. There are photos with some IIRC.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks Guys, Should I consider pouring Blix while drum rotates also? Or pouring developer with funnel and hose is enough?
    Last edited by rustyair; 03-07-2013 at 01:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I believe in pouring whilst the drum is rotating. The same as with a Jobo with lift.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    I believe in pouring whilst the drum is rotating. The same as with a Jobo with lift.
    Do you do it for both developer and blix? or just developer?

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    The whole idea of doing it whilst the drum is turning is to cover as much of the film, as soon as possible, in as consistent way as possible, regardless of the chemical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin