Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,675   Online: 792

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nope... I'm talkin American here. Oh yes, and the Color should be amber. Out here in the weeds, we just usually call it a half gallon jug.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldlincoln View Post
    Nope... I'm talkin American here. Oh yes, and the Color should be amber. Out here in the weeds, we just usually call it a half gallon jug.
    So translating to "American" ...

You didn't mean the 1.75 ml (1.75 millilitres = about 0.6 ounces) you put in your very helpful original post.

You meant 1.75 litres (about 60 ounces, which is close to a half gallon).

Speaking of course of US fluid ounces, and US gallons.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Right! I missed that you meant I had typed ml instead of L. I sometimes jump at an opportunity to lip off. Such is the case here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not merge this with the existing C41 sticky thread? No sense having 2.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    Why not merge this with the existing C41 sticky thread? No sense having 2.
    Two very different postings in content and time. And the firstest is now out of date. Also, as we've seen, as a post goes long in time, a lot of barely relevant comments.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

C-41 Processing Options 1Q 2013

For those of you that live in Canada you can get Arista and Tetenal chemicals from Beau Photo in Vancouver (www.beauphoto.com). This was from an email with them in Dec 2012:

Tetenal E6 1L $69.70
    Tetenal E6 5L $113.96
    Tetenal C-41 1L $46.51
    Tetenal C-41 5L $78.13
    Arista E6 1 QT $44.29
    Arista C-41 QT $53.78

All prices in CAD.

They started offering these kits as of October 2012. That's great news for Canada considering the options prior to this were pretty non-existent here. I still buy my Tetenal E6 5L kits from Germany at www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/. It's still cheaper even with shipping. However I will buy my Tetenal C41 5L kits from Beau Photo from now on since those are cheaper than Germany.
    David S. Nardi Photography
    'preserving the beauty in nature'
    www.davidnardi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format

no

The other thread is very much up to date. A 2nd sticky on the same topic dilutes things. Merge this and add to the end, and just read from the end of the thread if it bugs you. The other thread was not only much more complete, but had data from long-time C41 users rather than newbies and people who don't seem to have a complete grasp of the process and options. Any thread, will obviously get out of date, but that doesn't invalidate the data contained within. no sense rewriting/rehashing the same thing in multiple threads as time goes on. That's pointless and wasted effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Verizzo View Post
    Two very different postings in content and time. And the firstest is now out of date. Also, as we've seen, as a post goes long in time, a lot of barely relevant comments.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Any idea which of these kits lasts the longest?
    For somebody who only shoots 1-2 rolls a month, chemistry-longevity will determine cost per roll.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Verizzo View Post
    Mixing your own C-41: Using what seems to be a solid C-41 developer formula, and the chemicals available at http://www.artcraftchemicals.com, I determined it would cost about $100 to make enough developer to develop about 45 rolls. IIRC, that sucks up the CD-4 developer in its entirety and you will have various amounts of the other chemicals left over. So, let's call it $2/roll with no fixer, bleach, or stabilizer.
    I beg to disagree with this statement. CD4 is about $25 for 100g. There are about 5g/L of developer, so 100g makes almost 20 liters. Each liter should be good for at least 5 or 6 36 exp 35mm rolls, so 100g CD4 would be enough for close to 120 rolls. The only other relatively expensive chemical in C41 developer is hydroxylamine sulfate, of which 2g/L is used. I would guesstimate the developer only cost at closer to 50 cents a roll than $2 if mixing it yourself. Maybe you meant to say $45 for 100 rolls, not $100 for 45 rolls?

And I am sure you could get a lot more than 5 or 6 rolls per liter. I just stop there because home brewed developer is cheap and there is no need to be too frugal, especially with important images.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    With a Fuji account one can buy direct , this is how we do it in very small batches and run in our Jobo. We do this for personal
    film only and do not offer it as a service.
    Therefore any camera store in NA with a Fuji account can get it for you.
    Just another option maybe not open to some but ok for others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin