Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,950   Online: 818

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by newcan1 View Post
    CD4 is about $25 for 100g.
    At Artcraft I got .5 pounds (roughly 225 grams) for $37.50.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Unique photo sells Champion chemistry. Its made in malasia, and their head office for NA is in Toronto.
    They sell in pretty much every market around the world and make a "minilab" style C-41 kit made of DEV (+starter if you want it), Bleach, Fix and Stab.

At photokina i met with the CEO of the company who explained they are now going to introduce new smaller kits.
    As of last time i bought any the smallest one could buy was kits to make 4X10L working solution DEV (in 4 separate 4L jugs of concentrate) and about X1.5 that for bleach\fix to fit the kit. Starter and Stab sold separately in fairly small containers (1L, lasts forever). The cost per roll on the 40L kit was somewhere in the 0.20-0.30 $ us.

The new kits are supposed to be 10L kits (concentrate packed in 4X 1L bottles) throughout the range. Data sheets and mixing capacity readily available from champions website.

Great stuff, lasts forever like the tetenal, or better, easy to mix, and has no hazmat rating in the US, so can be shipped with UPS\Fedex easily, and with some paper work can be shipped with USPS (just a liquid declaration).

Their stab contains formalin, so i would just use sprint stab (made locally, to me).

I will churn out a more detailed look at this with all the info.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak doesn't make it easy to figure out, but this is what I use. Unopened, it lasts a very, very long time. Each developer three bottle set makes two liters. I think the bleach and fixer last basically forever. You want the last four items on this page.

http://pdisupply.com/productSub.cfm?...0#.UVI_3Ks6VFl

Editing my own post because I think I was't clear -- the developer kit includes (I think) 5 of the three bottle sets to produce 10 liters total, in five two liter batches. I store these in two one liter batches and it lasts a very long time as long as it is in a stoppered bottle. So you only have to mix two liters at a time.
    Last edited by Rolfe Tessem; 03-26-2013 at 07:56 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolfe Tessem View Post
    Kodak doesn't make it easy to figure out, but this is what I use. Unopened, it lasts a very, very long time. Each developer three bottle set makes two liters. I think the bleach and fixer last basically forever. You want the last four items on this page.

http://pdisupply.com/productSub.cfm?...0#.UVI_3Ks6VFl

Editing my own post because I think I was't clear -- the developer kit includes (I think) 5 of the three bottle sets to produce 10 liters total, in five two liter batches. I store these in two one liter batches and it lasts a very long time as long as it is in a stoppered bottle. So you only have to mix two liters at a time.
    I use this fixer instead of the tank fixer on the PDI list. It's a lot cheaper. I haven't been able to figure out the difference.

http://www.uniquephoto.com/product/k...e-film-m-25-l/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    Unique photo sells Champion chemistry. Its made in malasia, and their head office for NA is in Toronto.
    They sell in pretty much every market around the world and make a "minilab" style C-41 kit made of DEV (+starter if you want it), Bleach, Fix and Stab.

At photokina i met with the CEO of the company who explained they are now going to introduce new smaller kits.
    As of last time i bought any the smallest one could buy was kits to make 4X10L working solution DEV (in 4 separate 4L jugs of concentrate) and about X1.5 that for bleach\fix to fit the kit. Starter and Stab sold separately in fairly small containers (1L, lasts forever). The cost per roll on the 40L kit was somewhere in the 0.20-0.30 $ us.

The new kits are supposed to be 10L kits (concentrate packed in 4X 1L bottles) throughout the range. Data sheets and mixing capacity readily available from champions website.

Great stuff, lasts forever like the tetenal, or better, easy to mix, and has no hazmat rating in the US, so can be shipped with UPS\Fedex easily, and with some paper work can be shipped with USPS (just a liquid declaration).

Their stab contains formalin, so i would just use sprint stab (made locally, to me).

I will churn out a more detailed look at this with all the info.
    Not for nothing but Champion bought Kodak's photochemistry business in 2006 and has been supplying Kodak since then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry if these points hve been discussed, I have not read the entire thread.

1. You can repackage Kodak kits without permission. (the unofficial word is "go for it!") So repack away. However, the solutions are packed under nitrogen or sulfur dioxide in a dry box to maintain stability. Make sure this is done. The Formulary repacks Kodak kits and they do it under Nitrogen.

2. Trebla uses original Kodak formulas for their kits. It is not repacked AFAIK. They mix their own. They are mostly former Kodak engineers who set up the company. AFAIK, it is not simplified.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    ............. The Formulary repacks Kodak kits and they do it under Nitrogen.............................

PE
    Since I was not able to find it available on their site I sent an email, never got a reply, asking if the sold the kits. Other postings seem to indicate they no longer are doing this. Do you know otherwise. Thank you.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Call them and see if any are left. Demand may have been so low that they stopped offering it. IDK.

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin