Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,671   Online: 806

Shooter
    Large Format

B&H Flexicolor buying help!

Hi all,

I've been using tetenal $20 kit for portra but it's too costy and I'm planning to going to B&H store in the city soon and purchase the Kodak Flexicolor chems.

Can anyone tell me if I'm getting the list correct?

1. Kodak Flexicolor Developer

-Kodak Flexicolor (C-41) Developer Starter for Color Negative Film - 1 Quart $7.50
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...r_Starter.html

-Flexicolor (C-41) Developer Replenisher for Color Negative Film - Makes 5 Gallons
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...plenisher.html $29.95

2. Kodak Flexicolor Bleach III
    Kodak Flexicolor (C-41) Bleach III Regenerator for Color Negative Film - Regenerates 5 Gallons $16.50
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...leach_III.html

3. Kodak Flexicolor RA (C-41RA) Fixer & Replenisher
    Kodak Flexicolor RA (C-41RA) Fixer & Replenisher for Color Negative Film - Makes 5 Liters $13.50
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...1RA_Fixer.html

4.Kodak Flexicolor Stabilizer III

I can't find them on their website.

Also, I'm going to give them a call tomorrow but do they alway have them in stock?

Or......Maybe it's better idea to purchase the Tetenal C-41 Color Negative Processsing Kit - 5 Liter $75.99 from freestylephoto and get only the developer from B&H and use the developer as a one shot and reuse the blix and Stabilizer like 10 times?

Thank you in advance!!!
    Last edited by rustyair; 03-13-2013 at 01:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The developer and starter look right but you do not want Bleach Regenerator. B&H has regular Bleach III Replenisher parts A & B sold separately but in large quantities. The RA Bleach Replenisher in smaller quantities is available but I have not used it and and not familiar with it. Instead of the RA Fixer I would use the regular Fixer Replenisher. Instead of stabilizer use Final Rinse.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RPC View Post
    The developer and starter look right but you do not want Bleach Regenerator. B&H has regular Bleach III Replenisher parts A & B sold separately but in large quantities. The RA Bleach Replenisher in smaller quantities is available but I have not used it and and not familiar with it. Instead of the RA Fixer I would use the regular Fixer Replenisher. Instead of stabilizer use Final Rinse.

Oh my....I just read where to get c41 threads and my head hurts.

I think I'm just going to purchase the 5 Liter tetenal kit $75.99 from freestylephoto and get only the Developer starter and Replenisher from B&H in store. Thanks,
    Last edited by rustyair; 03-13-2013 at 02:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've used Kodak E-6 fixer replenisher with good results, as it comes in a nice small size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should call B&H(or Ado or Unique or Calumet) and talk to a human. B&H especially, as the size you need of a given product may not be in the store on a given day.
    Give them a day or two warning, and they can help with the alphabet soup of versions in case they don't have every version in every size. They also have other customers doing small amounts of processing. It is much cheaper buying separate chemicals. With c41, ra4, and e6 you can use common concentates if not working baths for fix, bleach and more once you are more familiar.
    For now don't sweat it, just ask people who are selling to lots of small users, and have fun, not stress.

David

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    I've used Kodak E-6 fixer replenisher with good results, as it comes in a nice small size.
    The 25 liter size of the C-41 Fixer Replenisher ($11.95) is only $2 more than the 10 liter size of E-6 if one doesn't mind the bigger package. It's about the most economical fixer there is and works great for b&W as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RPC View Post
    The 25 liter size of the C-41 Fixer Replenisher ($11.95) is only $2 more than the 10 liter size of E-6 if one doesn't mind the bigger package. It's about the most economical fixer there is and works great for b&W as well.
    C-41 fixer here is listed at a ridiculous price, while the E-6 stuff is $7.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's the other items you want from BH:

Final rinse: (They also have a smaller quantity for $2.50 I believe)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...SHER_C_41.html

Bleach:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...REPLENISH.html
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...REPLENISH.html

You need both parts. It will last forever. You DO want the regenerator too, so you can reuse the bleach indefinitely.

The tetenal blix is not designed to be infiintely reused. I don't think you will have good luck with that. (aside from the separate issue of blix not being as good as bleach and fix separately). If you are close enough to BH to order and pick up locally, just bite the bullet and get the good stuff from Kodak. It will all mostly last forever, and is way cheaper than tetenal, and better too.

That RA fixer will work, I use the regular C41 fixer (not RA) which seems cheaper, from my recollection, but I don't see BH carrying that at the moment.

Agree re: calling B&H and checking stock. Chances are they won't have all of this handy if you just walk in unannounced. If I was going to the trouble to get it from them locally, I'd definitely call ahead.

-Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Flexicolor Is what I use and you I need to use like 3 different websites to assemble a proper setup. Some places wont ship certin parts while others will. But its worth it.
    Minolta X-700, Nikon FM3A, Mamiya RB67 PRO-S

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin