Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,947   Posts: 1,557,848   Online: 846

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Fujimotos. Both 31's and 51's. I found that I need the consistency of finely temp controlled roller transport to dial in the right color bias.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    Fujimotos. Both 31's and 51's. I found that I need the consistency of finely temp controlled roller transport to dial in the right color bias.
    Hard to beat a roller processor as long as you have the volume of paper to put through and the Fujimotos are amongst the best. I don't print anymore but I still have my 51 and from memory it takes about 5 or 6 litres of each chemical which can represent an awful lot of wasted money when the soup goes off through lack of use (for those who've not used one, a replenished colour system does not save under-utilised chemicals; the most consistent processing quality and chemical longevity is obtained from machines that work for several hours a day most days). I might sell the 51 later this year if I can find anyone in Australia interested since I'm planning to turn the darkroom into a study but first I'll have to fill it with water and make sure that everything still works OK as it has not been used for several years. A job for another day. OzJohn

Shooter
    35mm
    Nova for me as well, Firstly at room temp and then heated when I found one with a thermostat.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Fujimotos too, CP-31 and 51. Great units. the -31 only needs 2L of chemistry. 6L for -51.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Gosh, I've never even bothered to plug in my roller processor. I just use drum. They're loaded in the
    darkroom but actually processed outdoors, to minimize exposure to the chem, which I'm mildly sensitized to.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Is the Nova intended to be used in the dark? I know the tube type processor I can use in the light.
    You could use a Nova by feel alone but as the paper sinks into a deep slot then a dim safelight like the Kodak colour safelight will be very safe and give just about enough light to see to use a Nova.

On the other hand a DUKA or Thompson sodium safelight could be used at quite a high illumination as nearly all of the time the paper sits too deep in the slot for light to penetrate. Unlike trays light can't shine into the slots.

A good investment for B&W as well for the reasons already mentioned

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish Nova was more available here in the US

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Gosh, I've never even bothered to plug in my roller processor. I just use drum. They're loaded in the
    darkroom but actually processed outdoors, to minimize exposure to the chem, which I'm mildly sensitized to.
    I'm sorry to hear this Drew as I know from experience how inconvenient and tedius drum ra-4 can be in comparison to RT. If you do this with any regularity at all it would behoove you to look into a properly designed exhaust and fresh air intake for your drkrm. The amount of time you'll save will pay for the HVAC bill before you get through your first 5 litres of replenisher.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've got a superb exhuast system. One just gets sensitized to certain things over time. That's the risk.
    I know former lab owners who either got put out of business that way or couldn't enter certain sections
    of their own lab. I suspect its amine-related. Just because something doesn't stink doesn't mean it's
    safe. I have a big 30X40 processor that actually sits on a cart I can move outdoors. The only disadvantage is that the weather needs to be mild so that the temp of the chem in the drum won't
    shift during processing. I've been offered a clean 50" roller processor, but don't know if I could
    devise a way to safely use it. I'd need to put it in a separate outbuilding apart from my main lab. I
    might sell my 20" processor. Drums are very reliable, and one doesn't have a lot of high-tech circuitry
    or pumps to worry about. But they are a bit slow if doing test strips etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I think I would continue to use tube on a rotary base. I think I would room temp as it's difficult to control the temperature while it is in the drum. Both the Nova, the Jobo and the Fujimoto is out of reach for me right now price wise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin