Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,337   Online: 1079

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

How do you process your RA-4 paper?

Moved in my new house a year ago. Now it's time for me to start putting up the darkroom again. I am very much satisfied with my dry side setup. My wet side left a lot to be desired. I wonder how you all do it so I can pick up some ideas. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I made a lot of experiments but when I found Nova processors I never looked again for something else.
    Temperature, space, chemistry life and storage, time to setup are not a problem anymore.
    Hope this helps.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use a NOVA as well. In fact I use 2. A three slot 12x16 for colour (RA4 and a 2 slot 12x16 plus an open dish for the B&W developer. They, NOVA are the epitome of superb simple design that just work with no fuss.

The real beauty of them is the very small footprint they have when left idle or even working. My darkroom is shared by my motorcycle (actually it is my garage) so space is at a premium. As Antmar has said chemistry life is superb, the RA4 I am using at the moment was first mixed in June 2012 and just replenished after each session (100cc per 800 sq inches of paper - pro rata)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Trays and this stuff for room temp
    http://www.adorama.com/KKRADRRT.html

then this for the blix
    http://www.adorama.com/KKRABFR10L.html

I run this all in trays at room temp and my sink is upstairs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a really cheap setup. I use a Dev Tec drum processor that I bought in the 80's for about $50. It has a motor but I often just turn the drum by hand. It has a water bath; years ago I drilled a hole and inserted a fish tank heater through the side; it's pretty rock solid at about 98 degrees F, and I get excellent and repeatable results.

I mix my own developer, use diluted vinegar as the stop bath, and use Kodak Blix.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Jobo at 35C. I'd like a Nova but have no room for one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nova tanks, it's so easy, reliable.

I began colour printing withg the Pavelle process in the late 60's and used a few other processes before settling on a Nova system and Tetenal chemistry, I'd never go back . . . . . . . .

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Is the Nova intended to be used in the dark? I know the tube type processor I can use in the light.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drums! I have the 8x10 drum with motor base. Super fast and super easy to use.

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Trays at room temperature with Kodak RA-RT Developer Replenisher and Beach-Fix. Easy as b&w. No hassle with temperature control, don't have to wash and dry a drum, and small test prints are quick and easy to make. Developer seems to last and last, even in open air.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin