Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,291   Online: 891

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I standardize on 2 min dev (incl drain). That gives me plenty of consistency, yet is short enough so that the chem is not likely to drift significantly in temp in the drum (which is internally preheated by
    a prewet phase of larger solution volume first).
    The Kodak instructions say 0:45 (drum) to 1:00 (less agitation) will give you complete development...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Arista, Fuji and ColorTone <-- Never tried it but will at some point.
    Minolta X-700, Nikon FM3A, Mamiya RB67 PRO-S

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I standardize on 2 min dev (incl drain). That gives me plenty of consistency, yet is short enough so that the chem is not likely to drift significantly in temp in the drum (which is internally preheated by
    a prewet phase of larger solution volume first).
    Yikes! No wonder why you think the new "digitally optimized" papers are essentially the same as the pre-digital versions.

Shooter
    Multi Format

What kind of RA-4 paper and chemicals would you recommend

Well if it's a way to make them look like the older ones, why not? Nit so long as to be a real inconvenience.

Shooter
    Large Format
    So long as you're making crappy looking c-prints with a technique that precludes the possibility of fine color adjustment, then you're right - it makes no difference what paper you're using.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Look, you wise guys ... the reason for a 2 min dev time is so that the fill and drain time of the drum won't be such a factor as to make repeatability a nightmare (which 1 min dev will). And when I state
    that some of these papers are only a tiny tweak different than the previous version, I mean it! Fuji will
    tell you exactly the same thing if you bother to read the fine print and not just the marketing sheet.
    I recalibrated from Super C to CAII with only about a 5cc change. Most of you can't even control your
    colorheads within that amount of consistency. "Complete development" is related to time/temp, and
    you have more than one potential option. There again, if you don't believe me, you can find that official
    info from the respective chem mfgs. But I don't really care, because I've done thorough testing myself.
    And once one of you learns to control color within vaguely 50% of the level my skills and equipment
    can do it, I might listen to your comments. But you obviously haven't done your homework yet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin