Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,829   Online: 883

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    If its been gold stored it will be fine.
    Gold storage... I guess we should open a thread on this intriguing new issue.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Gold storage... I guess we should open a thread on this intriguing new issue.
    Sounds rather expensive; maybe you could give the Bundesbank a call - perhaps the real reason they're bringing their gold home is because they have a huge stockpile of film to preserve...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21040214
    testing...

Shooter
    Multi Format

Agfa Optima II 100

Ugh - I just need to stop posting here from Tapatalk on my iPhone. I overlook these funny autocorrect mistakes too much.

I'm posting this from the phone BTW and it tried to make "funny" above into "grubby." At least I caught it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've shot a couple of rolls with this film. It's totally different from any other 120 I've shot so far, but not in the way you might think.

Loading them in my 120 backs, I wind it along up to the arrows which I assume is the start point before you close the back and wind onto the first frame.
    When shooting them in my Mamiya, the backs tend to stop winding around frame 8 or 9 of 10, and I realise I have to unload them in the dark. Taking them out in my darkroom, they usually end up exploding open and I have to respool them back onto the spool to get it right. But then when I check in the light, it's the black side of the backing paper facing forward instead of the coloured side as normal. So I usually have to end up unrolling the roll and then re-rolling it the other way so that the coloured side of the backing paper is facing outward.
    Both test rolls ended up being blank.

Was this some foible of Agfa film, or what? I have a feeling I may have to open a sacrificial roll just to see how it was rolled and whether I will have to re-roll it or not.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Agfa Optima II 100

Can't tell you. I've run a couple of rolls through my Mamiya 645 Pro with absolutely no problems at all, but mine are 220 rolls I got in a batch deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin