Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,482   Online: 904

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jobo bottles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

jobo bottles

Hello,

Lately I have given some thought to getting a Jobo, however, the last one i used came with square bottles,
    and while i understand the design i do not like the square bottles because it is much harder to squeeze the air out and preserve the chemicals.
    I prefer to use round 1l bottles for my chemistry, as it lasts for quite a long time, and was wondering if there was a jobo compatible equivalent before i invest any money?

thanks
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    I prefer to use round 1l bottles for my chemistry, as it lasts for quite a long time, and was wondering if there was a jobo compatible equivalent before i invest any money?
    Not really: jobo processors have square holes where the bottles go in. I've tried different round bottles, but none really fit through.
    I've resorted to using Ilford chemistry (square) bottles...

Another possible solution, if you really insist on using round bottles, would be to make your own "panel" with round holes - i.e. modify the existing red top with square holes and either glue or fasten another panel above it with the holes for the bottles you have... Clumsy and (most likely) ugly and messy

Besides, the square holes (and square jobo bottles) are designed that way so that the opening actually keeps the bottle pressed down, even if the bottle is only half full (prevents bottles floating up) - I don't know how difficult that would be to achieve be with round bottles.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One could use the sqare bottles just for processing and other bottles for storage.
    For the latter glass bottles and Nitrogen may be a good solution.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One could use the sqare bottles just for processing and other bottles for storage.
    For the latter glass bottles and nitrogen may be a good solution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FWIW, Jobo bottles are almost as good as glass for keeping properties, my year old bottle of replenished xtol is still going.
    Aside from that, my preference is for square bottles since they use less shelf space.
    But, YMMV

USPLastics.com probably has some round bottles that would fit the square holes.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a friend who helps preserve his chemicals in a JOBO by using the glass beads recovered from old cheap necklaces dropped into the chemical until the air is almost fully excluded. I used to laugh at this, but it seems to work. He has kept diluted E6 1st developer for 6 weeks and still gone back to use it and it was fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jobo bottles are exceptionally resistant to air penetration. I just let them go as-is and the solutions keep and keep. Chemistry lasts longer in Jobo bottles than any other bottle (except glass) that I have tested.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i've had e6 last for over 2 months in round bottles with the air squeezed out.

maybe jobo and canned inert gas is the way to go?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    I use glass marbles, it's easier to work with them!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I prefer the 1L and larger Jobo bottles for storing my chems, best I've ever used. If you are referring to the smaller size bottles that fit the machine, those are for pre-measured chems for the process you are doing, not for long term storage.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin