Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,464   Posts: 1,570,651   Online: 848

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Kodak Ektacolor Edge Generations vs Kodak Endura?

Is Kodak Ektacolor Edge Generations an Endura replacement (aside from the fact its unavailable in sheets).
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I believe it is their line of budget consumer paper for running through minilabs and churning out a bazillion cheap 6x4's. Thinner base, etc. I've no idea how the emulsion relates to the various Endura grades (Portra, Supra, Ultra).

It's been around since about 2003 I think and Endura is still sold so I don't think it's any form of replacement.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think it is a consumer minilab grade paper - but I have tons of Edge and find it to be good (I have rolls and sheet them.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Edge is thinner than Endura, thats for sure.
    Higher contrast & saturation than Portra was.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Lately I've been printing with a bunch of different kodak emulsions - outdated (late 2011) but frozen supra endura, supra endura vc, supra premiere, edge and royal. Edge and Royal are the exact same emulsion except that royal has backprint and a thicker base. Both edge and royal are useable but they actually have weaker contrast than all the other kodak offerings listed above due to the fact that they produce a very weak black. The pro papers look a hundred times better. Too bad the premiere is so damn contrasty...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just found on Wilhelm site that Kodak Ektacolor Edge Generations has only 1/2 the stability of Fuji Crystal Archive. While I believe Kodak Endura was close to Fuji paper.

Question: Does Kodak currently sell ANY Endura equivalent in rolls?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    I just found on Wilhelm site that Kodak Ektacolor Edge Generations has only 1/2 the stability of Fuji Crystal Archive. While I believe Kodak Endura was close to Fuji paper.

The local lab that I use for prints from digital files (because that is all they do) goes through large quantities of Endura - I've seen their shipments arrive.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Noble View Post
    Plenty of Endura available, just not manufactured in sheets any more.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Same problem with Fuji once you want anything bigger than 20x24 - you have to cut from rolls now,
    though there is still a fair amt of slightly older paper around in cut sheet up to 30x40. I finally started
    cutting from a forty-inch-wide roll a week ago. It was polyester based and damn heavy, but I managed
    just fine on one of my less arthritic finger days. Fortunately, the special cutting table I made for it
    worked perfectly on the first try.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Link to Endura Rolls - Optic Print, white backing?

I've checked B&H web site all I see is metallic rolls.

Does anyone have link for Kodak Endura rolls either matte/luster/ or glossy for optical darkroom compatible?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin