Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,226   Online: 1078

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi everybody!

The results are finally in!

I packaged my 100 foot roll of Agfa Aviphot 200 E-6 color slide film 35mm, I got 20 36 exposure rolls with lots of frames leading and trailing to take care of the fiber optic type "Light Piping" characteristic of Agfa's Polyester base films.

The two test rolls shot look absolutely wonderful! Just like the former Agfa RSX II 200 slide film, with just a touch of warmth bias charateristic of the much beloved Agfa slide films, I am not seeing any grain per se, just great color slide film with excellent color rendition.

Shame on Maco.de for packaging rotten damaged yellow color slide film from AGFA! Shame on the folks at Lomography for packaging and selling rotten yellow damaged color film from Agfa!
    Shame on all the other vendors that are in "Denial" about selling Rollei CR-200 and Lomography X-pro 200 as being a neutral color rendering slide film! I would say Freestyle Photo in Hollywood is one of the most in denial about their "Yellow" Rollei CR-200 slide film, But Oh! they will give you a refund if you are not satisfied! Really useful after spending 10 bucks to get this bad roll developed! Really helpful!

Wittner-Cinetec in Germany who has packaged FRESH, not old crappy yellow Agfa Aviphot 200 Chrome E-6 slide film from Agfa Belgium in 35mm X 100 foot rolls is a true hero for those of us that crave real and fresh AGFA RSX II 200 ASA color slide film.

This film looks absolutely fabulous! I had mine processed by a local lab that does E-6 with the Refrema "Dip and Dunk" system.

Perhaps we could get Wittner-Cinetec to cut and roll us some 120 film? Meanwhile if you want 120 film you can get "Puke Yellow" agfa slide film from Maco/Rollei or the Lomography people, Bleah!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A little late to this but thank you for the info. I really have been wanting to grab bulk rolls of color reversal like the old days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a couple cans but had to contact Dwaynes about some other processing I need and asked them about this film. They will not process it due to the polyester base.

Anyone know of a place in the Midwest that will process this stuff?

Not quite ready to start processing E-6 at home. Once the new darkroom is finished, maybe next year, I can.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you're near St. Louis Missouri or Springfield Illinois, inquire at Creve Coeur Camera. They had no problem with the CR-200 (though it was very yellow). I'm contemplating ordering some of the 135-36 Wittner Chrome 200D from them as other people are reporting that theirs doesn't suffer from the horrible yellows like the Rollei CR-200 does.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by donkee View Post
    I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a couple cans but had to contact Dwaynes about some other processing I need and asked them about this film. They will not process it due to the polyester base.
    I got no idea what is so special with their processors (or makes people at Dwaynes think so). There is a long history on automated processing of Polyester based films.

Well, the only thing I can think of are missing friction clutches in the drive-system.

Shooter
    35mm
    I know Better Imaging / Netprintz in Champaign, IL does E-6 processing and also does mail order. You might inquire there too. Their website is http://www.netprintz.net. Their phone number is (217) 352-0213 according to google+. Email the owner at lissaraybon@yahoo.com.

Just trying to help out with labs in the midwest that process E-6 and may be able to handle the E-6 film on polyester base. I know from experience that yes the Creve Coeur Camera lab can handle it. Not sure about the Better Imaging lab in Champaign but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm
    If one could find a lab using dip-and-dunk machines, instead of continuous-transport systems, then they would have no problem running the polyester-based film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It could be the mounting process. In the past Kodak said about their film with a polyester base.

Automated Slide Mounting
    Due to the strength of its ESTAR Base, EIR Film may
    require special handling to avoid the possibility of crinkling
    during the cutting operation. If your photofinisher has not
    had experience with this film, you may want to request hand
    mounting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll check out those two. Thanks for the info!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin