Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,742   Posts: 1,515,588   Online: 915

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fujifilm announces "substantial" (at least double digit) price increase on film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At B&H Acros in 120 is already up from $3.20 to $3.89 a roll and 4x5 up to $45.95 a box of 20 to make it likely the most expensive black and white film in 4x5 at $2.29 a sheet. I use it in 120 only, not 4x5 thankfully...

This must have just happened because I saw the old prices about a week ago. Good thing I am stocked up!
    Last edited by PKM-25; 03-22-2013 at 04:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's known that a 25% increase has been on the board for a couple of months now scheduled for roll-out in April. Currently retail for a roll of Velvia 50 is $35.90. It is accepted that this increase will place Velvia well out of the reach of many, many people at $44.80, give or take a few cents. There certainly won't be much take-up of RVP at that rate (not of the 135/36 format at least); three pros I correspond with are now looking at digital beyond Q3: "there is a limit to how much blood can be squeezed from a stone!". I agree. There remains a niggly bit: in December I thought Fuji had plans to discontinue two more E6 films this year, Velvia 100 (separate to the now defunct 'F') and Provia 100F; this was said to me in a pro-level retail outlet while discussing a Fujifilm Retailer Bulletin, though at this time nothing else has been heard, only the discontinuation of a couple of films/formats.

Oh well. I have sufficient stocks of RVP and RDP (bought online at a fraction of the retail cost) to see me out at least 12 months now.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hate to see the price increase, but at least they are cutting back on film.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yeah, i bought a 5 pack of acros at bh yesterday, and the film guy was saying stock up now. honestly though, i don't mind paying more as long as they keep making it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If raising prices keeps film profitable, then that is a good thing. Price rises are a fact of life in many markets/industries.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I love acros but it's already a fair bit more expensive than Tmax here and with the price rise I think it's time to give Kodak a try.

Shooter
    35mm
    As long as there is competition there's no reason not to increase prices if that's where you and your competition actually make money. The battle over market share is past. The market now is so small that you're left with the diehards who will pay any remotely reasonable price. Seven bucks a roll for film isn't outrageous. Thirty bucks is. I'm out, personally, out of the film buying game. I probably have enough to last several years. By then, it'll be a question of whether I want to pay for new film or just let it RIP.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ill keep stocking up when i find good deals, and most now are expired film on the Bay. but im more worried about chemicals and developing my film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    It's known that a 25% increase has been on the board for a couple of months now scheduled for roll-out in April. Currently retail for a roll of Velvia 50 is $35.90. It is accepted that this increase will place Velvia well out of the reach of many, many people at $44.80, give or take a few cents. There certainly won't be much take-up of RVP at that rate (not of the 135/36 format at least); three pros I correspond with are now looking at digital beyond Q3: "there is a limit to how much blood can be squeezed from a stone!". I agree. There remains a niggly bit: in December I thought Fuji had plans to discontinue two more E6 films this year, Velvia 100 (separate to the now defunct 'F') and Provia 100F; this was said to me in a pro-level retail outlet while discussing a Fujifilm Retailer Bulletin, though at this time nothing else has been heard, only the discontinuation of a couple of films/formats.

Oh well. I have sufficient stocks of RVP and RDP (bought online at a fraction of the retail cost) to see me out at least 12 months now.

35 dollars for a roll of Velvia? That can't be right.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin