Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,494   Online: 880

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RPC View Post
    At the lab I work at when we were running film we never used PEC-12 to clean film for the reasons Athiril said. We did use it to clean prints without problems. For film we used cleaners designed specifically for film or anti-static cleaning cloths (great for removing dust). These usually wouldn't remove fingerprints, however. To do that the film was run back through some of the processing chemicals! I don't know exactly which ones because I didn't do it but it worked.
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention, it cleans tar and other stuff off RA-4 prints very well, that otherwise don't want to come off.

But I do not recommend it for getting tar and other stuff off developing equipment and racks. It'll dry and deposit onto something else.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    okay thanks for the replies everyone. looks like I might try something like the mirasol to start with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin