Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,957   Online: 722

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Starting E6 development

So I'm interested in trying out E6 development, primarily for Super 8 film. So I had a few questions. First, is a single tank going to cut it? For movie film, I've got one Morse tank. Second, where can I get the chemicals for the process. I believe I can control the temperature, just put all idle chemicals into hot water to maintain their temperature.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Temperature control is critical, especially for the first developer and colour developer steps, but it is possible to do this with water baths - you will just need to be very vigilant and attentive.

Depending where you are there are a number of different kits available. Tetenal works well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well I'm in Atlanta, GA if that makes any difference

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think in the USA you have a few more E6 options than we have in Australia. Try B&H and Freestyle.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Fuji E6 kit, available from Macodirect (Germany) and Ag Photographic (UK). Don't seem to be any sellers in the USA except for the 3-bath (blix) kits like Tetenal.

See the FAQ in my signature for E6 directions. One tank is fine as long as you can empty/fill it fairly rapidly and can provide constant agitation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noacronym View Post
    How would you print these slides? From what I can tell nobody makes a positive to positive print process any more. Sad.
    The OP is working with movie film.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    oooh--my eyesight is getting worse. Sorry. Stil would like to know though what's up for pos to pos color. From what I can tell, forget that idea. Just so you'll know, I have to turn my head up to see through the bottom part of my glasses, and take them off completely and squint for close-up. Movie film--got it.
    Well, the digital onslaught doesn't preclude you from projection, or from the joy of the loupe. And of course, there are also solutions that are best discussed on dpug, starting with an 's'.

Shooter
    35mm
    oooh--my eyesight is getting worse. Sorry. Stil would like to know though what's up for pos to pos color. From what I can tell, forget that idea. Just so you'll know, I have to turn my head up to see through the bottom part of my glasses, and take them off completely and squint for close-up. Movie film--got it.
    Since you asked... Dwayne's still offers duplicate slides (from 35mm only) for US$0.50 and slides from negs, prints, or CD for US$1.10. It's on their "Prints from Slides" order form. http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/common/n...rom_Slides.pdf. I've noticed the places that send out to Fuji are now advertising on their "Specialty Film Services" that they offer slides from slides and negs, but they're charging more for it than Dwayne's.

I have no idea if this is an analog process or if they scan and use a film recorder. I'm guessing it's scan+film recorder though.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can still use Portra 160 to make internegatives, if you so desire.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well I can't seem to find a kit on B&H's website, they sell chemicals but don't ship all of them. On freestyle photo there are two kits availible
    Arista
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/11861-...rt?cat_id=1002

and Tetenal
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/102031...er?cat_id=1002

Which one of these would you reccomend?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin