Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,107   Online: 853

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Not sure, but I think that they did appeal and it was turned down. Someone else would have to verify this.

PE
    Polaroid sued, claiming $2.5 billion.

Polaroid won part of the case, when the trial court ruled that some, but not all its patents had been infringed. Some of Polaroid's patents were also ruled invalid as part of the ruling.

A long, protracted trial on the issue of damages took place.

The award at trial was only $925 million (after correction).

Appeals and cross-appeals were filed with respect to both the patent infringement ruling, and the amount of the damage award.

The parties settled at the $925 million amount.

The entire process took ten years.

Polaroid was bankrupt not too many years after.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Not sure, but I think that they did appeal and it was turned down. Someone else would have to verify this.

PE
    Yeah, that's how I remember it as well. The next higher court would not hear the case. The whole affair was one of those things where all the details that made a difference were conveniently ignored by someone that didn't understand them.

Jason
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The most important part was that Kodak was sued for malicious infringement and the judge ruled against Polaroid on that. The judge said that Kodak had used all due diligence to avoid infringement.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sure, if you want to buy 12-25 gallons. The OP said he wouldn't use even 5 liters before it went bad (though I'm not sure about that - mix only what you need and I think the concentrates will last a LONG time, more than a year certainly though I might not use 5L much less 12 gallons in one year, but it might last a lot longer.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    as I mentioned in this thread or another thread, bleach just *doesn't* go bad. Ever. Fix = basically never goes bad either. So, even buying 12 gallons is not a problem (though bleach is usually available in 5gallon sizes as well, or at least it was a year or two ago.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fixer is fixer. It does go bad just like any other fixer. You can see it get cloudy and then it starts to stink. Nothing exotic here!

PE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin