Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,731   Online: 876

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've been using the press kit for years with decent results. Just put together the flexicolor chemicals, and the results blow me away. it can be really confusing trying to figure out what's needed, but I had someone show me the way, and it's really simple.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-o View Post
    I've been using the press kit for years with decent results. Just put together the flexicolor chemicals, and the results blow me away. it can be really confusing trying to figure out what's needed, but I had someone show me the way, and it's really simple.
    Likewise, AM radio sounds okay ... until you hear FM.

Blix versus separate bleach+fixer. I guess I'll try a blix-kit and compare results with Costco's minilab, which does good work. Maybe it'll be like AM versus FM, but I'd like to see the difference.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look in the "Color Processing Bleach" thread here in this forum. There's several places that sell the separate bleach and fix (Flexicolor). No reason to settle for Blix.

-Ed

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    Look in the "Color Processing Bleach" thread here in this forum. There's several places that sell the separate bleach and fix (Flexicolor). No reason to settle for Blix. -Ed
    Thanks for the pointer, but they're selling large sizes. I could not use 5 litres of each chemical before it goes off.
    Maybe I'll call the Formulary and encourage them to resume repackaging Flexicolor.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Are you sure? The description doesn't sound like it. For developer you only need the replenisher if you're doing replenishment. All you need for one shot is the starter. Bleach might be the same way (don't know, just asking.)
    What is the measurement to use for developer one shot using starter?

Shooter
    Multi Format

no need to worry

Mark, the bleach and fix last forever. The bleach literally DOES last forever, mixed or not. I have been using the same 5L batch with regeneration for at least 2 years and it's still fine.

The fix is uber-cheap, and also lasts nearly forever. I have yet to have a problem with it, even a couple years old, mixed. Mainly i store the concentrate and mix and use it one-shot.

Anyway, just an FYI.

-Ed

Quote Originally Posted by albada View Post
    Thanks for the pointer, but they're selling large sizes. I could not use 5 litres of each chemical before it goes off.
    Maybe I'll call the Formulary and encourage them to resume repackaging Flexicolor.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    What is the measurement to use for developer one shot using starter?
    Sorry, my mistake, you are right - it's the replenisher you can use one shot by itself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In Europe the Rollei kit and its components seem to be still available:

http://www.macodirect.de/digibase-si...4_534_405.html

(that’s actually the online-shop of the producer of Rollei films and chemistry)

But of cause the shipping costs are quite high for the US.

Perhaps if many people ask them for a reseller in the US……

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by albada View Post
    Likewise, AM radio sounds okay ... until you hear FM.

Blix versus separate bleach+fixer. I guess I'll try a blix-kit and compare results with Costco's minilab, which does good work. Maybe it'll be like AM versus FM, but I'd like to see the difference.

Mark Overton
    While the point is fair, I made a side by side comparison between six step and three step E6 back when the three step E6 kits came out, and found I slightly preferred the results from the three step. The difference was small and wouldn't have been noticed if not looking for it. I know the lack of stabilizer is bad from a longevity standpoint, but you can buy that separately and cheaply. Theory is one thing, and I respect it a lot, but many people who aren't all too naive to know better do get results they re happy with from blix.

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Sorry, my mistake, you are right - it's the replenisher you can use one shot by itself.
    The replenisher should not be used by itself to develop film. It must be mixed with water and starter to make a developer working solution as per directions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin