Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,988   Online: 854

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    Ron's C-41 bleach formula seems too good to be true. Is that all it takes is two ingredients -- 80g of potassium ferricyanide and 20g potassium bromide (for one liter)?
    It works well, but when you use any ferricyanide bleach formula, the developer must be followed by a stop bath, preferably a clearing stop bath, and a wash before the bleach or the film will stain. The bleach should be followed by a clearing bath and good wash before the fixer. So this is a readily available, cheaper, alternative to Kodak bleach but a more complicated one.

Also note that PE says that such bleaches are not tested with modern films so you are taking a risk in terms of dye stability.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you want seperate bleach and fixer the Kodak Flexicolor SM chmical pack F2 contains a cube of bleach and one of fixer. You use the bleach straight and mix the fixer concentrate 1:1 with water. One pack has enough chemical to process two or three hundred rolls and is fairly compact. Look for these as expired or short date (they will last a long time after the date) on evilbay. I have bought the case pack (2 ea. F2's) for around thirty five bucks shipped.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As mentioned, regeneration is different than replenishment. But in practice it's super simple. I have a 5L container of bleach I use. It does about 44-48 rolls in the SSK4. I save the used bleach into a different container (the SSK makes this easy). When the used container of bleach is full, I use Kodak's bleach regenerator to regenerate it. Basically add the 100ml or whatever is needed, shake it up, and then pour it back into the original bleach container. Then start all over again, and do another 44-48 rolls of film.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin