Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,763   Online: 976

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the photo and memories. I the mid-1970s I was about 8 and my parents moved from Detroit to the Syracuse New York area (actually Liverpool NY but if I said that nobody would even get the right country in their minds). They bought a new house that was in an old apple orchard. The sight, smell, taste of an abandoned orchard in the late summer and fall is one if my favorites.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

KODAK E100G 120 Format BACK IN STOCK AT B&H

I've never shot the E-6 by Kodak except 20 rolls of Kodak EPT, I like the blue tone but the grain is Increadibly huge and really poor quality.

I got two rolls of E100G from a fellow APUGer as a surprise gift and just shot one of the rolls but it will be a few months before I develop it.

So my impression was that the E100G wasn't any different from the EPT, am I wrong?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

KODAK E100G 120 Format BACK IN STOCK AT B&H

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    No, it is excellent - fine grain and very flexible.

I prefer the colour palate of modern Ektachrome to any Fuji product - I'll miss it when my stock of it is gone.

The attached is from E100GX.
    What the difference between the E100G and the E100GX ?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    What the difference between the E100G and the E100GX ?

~Stone

The GX version was discontinued earlier.

In addition, in Kodak's own words:

"EKTACHROME E100G Film offers moderately enhanced color saturation with a neutral color balance.
    EKTACHROME 100GX Film also features moderately enhanced color saturation, but with a warm balance (the "X" is for warm)."

EDIT: and the Ektachrome EPT was balanced for tungsten light, rather than daylight, so it was much more appropriate for indoor shots.
    Last edited by MattKing; 04-11-2013 at 02:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    Thanks for the photo and memories. I the mid-1970s I was about 8 and my parents moved from Detroit to the Syracuse New York area (actually Liverpool NY but if I said that nobody would even get the right country in their minds). They bought a new house that was in an old apple orchard. The sight, smell, taste of an abandoned orchard in the late summer and fall is one if my favorites.
    You are welcome Brian.

That was shot in Surrey, BC at a location that features a Heritage farmhouse and an orchard with a variety of heritage apple trees.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    E100GX was a bit warmer than E100G. GX was the best film ever; I threw out all my food and filled my freezer with it when it died.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    It's too expensive!
    +1 NO!

That's a pro pack of 5 rolls, $8 per roll. Totally affordable. When the discontinuance notice was made, I started stocking up from my local store. Now I'm going to buy some more from B&H! The price is only slightly more than Portra 800.

If you haven't tried it, then do so NOW. This stuff is good! When I was learning to shoot film, the 120 Kodachrome was available. This stuff is better than Kodachrome, and the processing is cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The warmer toned film was intended for portraiture or wedding photography where the warm tone lent substance to facial tones and wedding gowns.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    +1 NO!

That's a pro pack of 5 rolls, $8 per roll. Totally affordable. When the discontinuance notice was made, I started stocking up from my local store. Now I'm going to buy some more from B&H! The price is only slightly more than Portra 800.

If you haven't tried it, then do so NOW. This stuff is good! When I was learning to shoot film, the 120 Kodachrome was available. This stuff is better than Kodachrome, and the processing is cheap.
    When I can buy Provia100f for $25 ... why would I spend $40 for this is what I mean, it's too expensive in comparison... it's an example of kodak's prices being higher than everyone else's, the film can't be $15 per pack BETTER than Fuji, if the EPT is any indication, I absolutely LOVE the tones, but the grain is just awful, it's worse than HP5...

Shooter
    35mm
    Where are you getting Provia 100F for $25 a pro pack? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh wait, you're talking 120. I'm a 35mm user. Of course if you know where I can get it in 35mm for that price...
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin