Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,706   Posts: 1,482,842   Online: 986

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    Where are you getting Provia 100F for $25 a pro pack? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh wait, you're talking 120. I'm a 35mm user. Of course if you know where I can get it in 35mm for that price...
    Yes in 120.. sorry to get you all excited lol

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Kodak EPT is about as different from E100G as you can get. So do not compare the two. They were made for TOTALLY different work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    Kodak EPT is about as different from E100G as you can get. So do not compare the two. They were made for TOTALLY different work.
    I've shot EPT with studio lights... the terrible grain is still present.. I mean TERRIBLE haha I could have a bad batch, all 20 rolls are from the same thing, but still, it's pretty darn awful. Like I said I have two, I will find out how good it is in about... 6 months when I have enough E-6 to order an arista kit.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    When I can buy Provia100f for $25 ... why would I spend $40 for this is what I mean, it's too expensive in comparison... it's an example of kodak's prices being higher than everyone else's, the film can't be $15 per pack BETTER than Fuji, if the EPT is any indication, I absolutely LOVE the tones, but the grain is just awful, it's worse than HP5...
    GRAIN??? Oh, you have just soooooo got to try this film! Grain, indeed! Sure, you'd see grain when enlarging from a Minox. But in MF? EPT has a diffuse rms granularity of 13, while E100G is 8, which is the same as Tmax 100.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

KODAK E100G 120 Format BACK IN STOCK AT B&H

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    GRAIN??? Oh, you have just soooooo got to try this film! Grain, indeed! Sure, you'd see grain when enlarging from a Minox. But in MF? EPT has a diffuse rms granularity of 13, while E100G is 8, which is the same as Tmax 100.
    I see, good to know yea the EPT is awful, worse than Kodak Gold that's expired 15 years and developed in B&W developer.

I'll post a 1:1. Image on Sunday when I can get to the computer.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    I wonder why they didn't restock Kodachrome on the 1st of April

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

KODAK E100G 120 Format BACK IN STOCK AT B&H

Quote Originally Posted by Halka View Post
    I wonder why they didn't restock Kodachrome on the 1st of April
    I was hoping the Fuji 20% price increase due April 1 was also a joke :-p

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love E100G, but I pretty much only shoot E6 in 35mm, for projection. I might buy some of this anyway. I bought 10 rolls of 35mm when the news of its cancellation hit, then I shot that up and bought ten more fresh dated when I saw it available. My all time favorite slide film was Astia but when it went away I moved to E100G. E100G definitely has a Kodak-not-Fuji palette but is closer to Astia than to Provia in saturation and contrast. It's a great film.
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 04-13-2013 at 04:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    VS was so nice
    I regret only buying 3 rolls (2 left), but man, the film and summer days were made for each other

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    VS was so nice
    I regret only buying 3 rolls (2 left), but man, the film and summer days were made for each other

Do you mean VC?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin