Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,669   Online: 894

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    E100VS he means.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eh, you're right. I had shot it but was thinking VC - that's the negative films, the older Portra VCs. Why they called the saturated neg films VC and the slide ones VS only Kodak marketing knows (it may be the only thing they knew.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Eh, you're right. I had shot it but was thinking VC - that's the negative films, the older Portra VCs. Why they called the saturated neg films VC and the slide ones VS only Kodak marketing knows (it may be the only thing they knew.)
    Vivid Saturation vs Vivid Contrast iirc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought it was "Very Saturated" and "Vivid Color" but either way, they're both gone though the current Portras are superb films somewhere between the old NC and VC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    VS: Vivid Saturated Colour
    NC: Natural Colour
    VC: Vivid Colour
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks a lot for the information about this. I have now placed my order and will be waiting for this to arrive with big excitement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today these six boxes of Kodak Ektachrome 100G arrived. I can't wait until the weather will get better and I can go out shooting. As I don't have a camera for the 120 format I plan to shoot them loaded into my Sinar Vario holder set to 6x12 cm. Next big question is how to get room for these in the freezer....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HBO_20130424_0012.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	67742
    Some technical info: It's specified that the storage temperature should be below 13 degree Celsius. Expiry date is May 2014. Furthermore the big box is marked "Rotate Stock" - I still trying to figure out the reason for that?
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by henbo View Post
    ...the big box is marked "Rotate Stock" - I still trying to figure out the reason for that?
    It's a reminder to retailers that they should put new stock at the back of the shelf and sell/ship from the front. Lazily placing new stock at the front and then selling from the same place would result in film at the back sitting for a long time, possibly reaching/passing its expiration date.

Just like food items at the grocery store. And the stock clerks there need this constant reminder too.
    Last edited by Sal Santamaura; 04-24-2013 at 01:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    henbo, is that SIX boxes (6x20x5 rolls = 600 rolls) or six boxes (6x5 rolls = 30)?
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    It's a reminder to retailers that they should put new stock at the back of the shelf and sell/ship from the front. Lazily placing new stock at the front and then selling from the same place would result in film at the back sitting for a long time, possibly reaching/passing its expiration date.

Just like food items at the grocery store. And the stock clerks there need this constant reminder too.
    This is referred to as "first in - first out" which is the proper way to stick, rather than "first in - last out" which results in expiry issues

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin