Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,243   Online: 1126

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I've seen their price list at stores in Central Illinois. Before they put this out, I had switched to a small chain store (6 or 8 stores total) for my E-6 because they turned it around faster and it was worth it to me to pay a few extra bucks to get my slides back quicker. I get develop and mount + scans (and they don't charge extra for pushing film!) for $11.88, tax included. Judging from this price list, I would be paying almost as much through Walmart for just develop and mount!
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Well, here in DC, Calumet Photo (nee Penn Camera) still has same-day/next-day minilab processing for 120 - I can get a roll of 120 C-41 processed for $5 and change, about $6 with tax. My local pro lab charges $8/roll, and I get it back in 3-4 days if I'm lucky. Guess who I'm using?
    The problem that I have with them is that they are not able to raise the enlarger to remove [crop] the black edge from the film clamp for Hasselblad prints. So I take my 120 film to Samys in Culver City instead.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    But Walmart sends its stuff to Dwayne's ... So, it's not crappy at all and is probably better than the local lab in consistency and quality. My local lab doesn't even do one hour photos anymore because they only run film every few days when they get enough in to make it worth processing.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    The repeated problems that I had with Dwaynes was dirty negatives for a while. They were able to improve on that by rpll after roll of film with explicit directions NOT to adjust the color, they would print the red rock as green rock because they thought that they knew better. That meant that I would have to pay to ship every thing back to be reprinted while they would kindly forgot to reimburse me for my postage.

The reimbursements, even though requested, I determined after many telephone calls to complain where ignored because those people in Kansas are illiterate. After I quit using them I wrote a strong letter and finally some of my additional postage was returned. They asked me to give them a chance and I told them that they had messed up so many times, that they did not deserve a second chance. They never got one either.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    The repeated problems that I had with Dwaynes was dirty negatives for a while. They were able to improve on that by rpll after roll of film with explicit directions NOT to adjust the color, they would print the red rock as green rock because they thought that they knew better. That meant that I would have to pay to ship every thing back to be reprinted while they would kindly forgot to reimburse me for my postage.

The reimbursements, even though requested, I determined after many telephone calls to complain where ignored because those people in Kansas are illiterate. After I quit using them I wrote a strong letter and finally some of my additional postage was returned. They asked me to give them a chance and I told them that they had messed up so many times, that they did not deserve a second chance. They never got one either.

Well I have to say the ONLY thing they are good at is chemistry control, and printing from digital files you have color corrected yourself. That's it... NEVER have them scan images or print film ... they are just awful at it... truly I agree... just like I couldn't even describe how bad... haha

I've been to the lab, I've seen them, they are quite specific about the chemistry work they do, and the printing itself from files you send in with the MeridianPro software which is them...), but the rest, don't bother.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    Who in this thread is "trying to transform Wal-Mart?" Wal-Mart is what it is. Even if any one of use wanted to "transform" the largest retailer in the world I don't think even collectively we have the knowledge nor resources to accomplish such a task.

Did you run a pro lab or speak to the owner of a pro lab recently? My local pro shop owner told me a very different story. He points the finger directly at digital. He never mentioned Walmart. As far as I know send out services of all kinds have existed my entire lifetime. For most of their existence they coexisted quite happily with pro labs. I frankly use both. If a pro uses Walmart for their film developing they deserve to go out of business. That would be insane. I can't imagine anyone that values their professional reputation doing that.

I've never seen anyone on this forum make such a claim. Please post a link to the source of this claim so we can get in on that deal. The cheapest I've found is $4.88 (plus tax) for 220 roll of E-6. Sadly I can no longer obtain 220 rolls of E-6 at reasonable prices so the best I can muster at the moment is $4.88 (plus tax) roll for 120 E-6.

Well here's one example... I am still looking for the one I found that said .88 cents but he literally posted his receipt image so it wasn't even made up .... but here's another one that's close... (EDIT at sams club) last post...

http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00ZofQ

Oh here... this APUG guy said .84 cents...

http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/i.../t-114716.html

Who knows... its certainly not my walmart.... lol
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 04-11-2013 at 09:07 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added EDIT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well here's one example... I am still looking for the one I found that said .88 cents but he literally posted his receipt image so it wasn't even made up .... but here's another one that's close... (EDIT at sams club) last post...

http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00ZofQ

Oh here... this APUG guy said .84 cents...

http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/i.../t-114716.html

Who knows... its certainly not my walmart.... lol
    I believe $0.84 is for one roll of C-41 120 films. One roll of E6 120 films is $4.88.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    So, the company that helped shut down the pro labs is now charging more than the pro labs that no longer exist? I feel so sorry for you guys.
    I'd think they helped shut down the one-hour places, not the pro labs.

However, that is what walmart does. Undercut the competition until it is gone, then raise prices. I beleive they sometimes thin out thier own stores in a region once enough competition is gone - so people then have to travel further.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philosli View Post
    I believe $0.84 is for one roll of C-41 120 films. One roll of E6 120 films is $4.88.
    I agree but the title does say E-6 and the poster who mentioned the 84 cents doesn't specify it's anything other than what the OP asked about. But he probably messed up, still, heck it cost me $4:50 for a roll of C-41 in 120 so 84 cents would be a steal... if they actually sent you your film back... lol

Shooter
    Large Format
    fuji and dwaynes told me
    120 film they WILL return with the prints
    and if you plan on paying the lowest price ...
    you have to REFUSE THE PRINTS
    because they have no process only service.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... if they actually sent you your film back... lol
    Yes, they do. I did 120 C-41 through Walmart sendout several times (as late as mid. Feb. this year).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin