Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,815   Posts: 1,581,621   Online: 771

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Walmart Medium Format *Fake* Price List

Recently I've been seeing an interesting price list popping up at various Walmart photo centers on their send out service kiosks. It's rather weird since the prices are no where near what you actually get charged. Last week I picked up a roll of 120 C-41 with prints ($2.09) and a roll of 120 E-6 ($4.88). Are you guys seeing the same mysterious sign? The posted prices are laughable. They are higher than the prices at premium labs! I'm glad the sign only appears to be decoration. If they were the real prices it would effectively end my love affair with their send out service... and reduce the amount of color I shoot.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sounds like an imminent price increase to me. That's why I Jobo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had to get two 8x10 digital prints made, to check out a problem I was having . They were 9.00 a piece. My regular lab charges me 2.00.
    Go to the light......

www.keepsakephotography.us

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    for $20 i can get 10 4x5s, 4 120s, and 2 rolls of 35mm pushed, with maybe a little extra stuff thrown in
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never liked sending film out, even though I only ever had one film mix-up at a super market when I was a teen. Personally I would be especially paranoid something bad would happen at walmart before or after processing.

I've never used walmart's photo service (actually, I don't really use walmart at all anymore).
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Sounds like an imminent price increase to me. That's why I Jobo.
    You Jobo because prices might go up?! Wouldn't it make more sense to wait for the actual increase? I've never found a means of processing C-41 that was a cost savings over Walmart send out service. If you get just developing for 220 it's something like 88₵. Isn't a new Jobo $3,000?!

I do send my special rolls to various premium labs. I look at my Walmart rolls as rolls I wouldn't have shot otherwise. Wherever they send them uses a roller system. I have had faint scratches in the periphery from that, but other than that they are perfectly developed. You get what you pay for. Most frames once you scan them in with a little digital ice are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Personally I would be especially paranoid something bad would happen at walmart before or after processing.
    It sits in a kiosk until it's picked up. When it comes back it sits in a metal cabinet till you pick it up. It's a nice service for amateurs. I've never had a problem other than the the usual issues with roller systems but that issue has nothing to do with Walmart.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

The prices are accurate for me, the price listed is what I was charged for a 120 roll of C-41 cost me $8 at my Walmart

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hope this is not true.

I dropped off a 135 BW roll about a month ago and picked it up about 2 weeks later. It was still $0.88+tax....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    The prices are accurate for me, the price listed is what I was charged for a 120 roll of C-41 cost me $8 at my Walmart
    Good to know. Is that a new thing or has it always been that way?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    Good to know. Is that a new thing or has it always been that way?
    I don't know because I only went to Walmart after you guys talked so highly about the prices and so I sent it off lol, but this is the only one I've ever sent.

I'm afraid to send my E-6 now...

They also all say "will not return film" now...

I dunno, freaks me out. I don't have the cash to send off another "test" on E-6 only to NOT get it back.

I live in CT, USA so it's kind of expensive here.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin