Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,953   Posts: 1,557,987   Online: 1093

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My RA-4 kit has also been in storage for a while too (I think it was bought in 2010).
    The Kodak cat no on my 4*5L dev kit is 5292396.
    I just haven't had time for darkroom printing until now.

In my case, the concentrates look ok as far as I can tell. They don't seem to be discoloured.
    The bottles are sealed with plastic film underneath the screw caps, so I'm hoping that oxidisation will not be a problem.

I have a quantity of Fuji Crystal Archive paper that came from a part used roll I bought for pennies back in 2010.
    When I first bought it, the processed, unexposed paper was slightly off-white but it was still useable.
    I cut the roll to give about 70 12"x16" sheets.
    It's been kept in the fridge since then (my freezer is too small).
    I did a test the other day and it looks as if it will still be ok for non-critical prints or images where pure white highlights are not important. I wouldn't use it for wedding photos!
    It gives a density measurement of R=0.05, G=0.07, B=0.15 as measured on my Macbeth densitometer.
    As a comparison, I measured R=0.06, G=0.08, B=0.11 on the white border of old prints made on fresh Fuji paper some years ago.
    The higher value in the blue channel results in a slight yellow appearance on the print.

I have read on APUG forums that adding small amounts benzotriazole to the dev can help bring back white in the highlights but it apparently gives other problems such as blue colour casts and increased exposure times.

I've decided to take a gamble and try the starter dilution marked on the bottle for "PRO RT/PRIME RT" (800ml replenisher + 25ml starter + 175ml water = 1L).

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So it appears, then, that sometime between 2010 and 2012 the concentration changed for the RT/LU replenisher parts so it is now the same as the RA/RT. Both of these are designed to work with roller transport, so I wonder what the difference is. I use the RA/RT (at room temperature) with no starter and so do others at different temperatures with good results as well as the RT/LU as seen earlier in this thread so you might think about trying the RT/LU without starter. If you choose to use it, I think the starter dilution you chose should work.
    Last edited by RPC; 12-16-2013 at 12:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brian_mk View Post
    I've decided to take a gamble and try the starter dilution marked on the bottle for "PRO RT/PRIME RT" (800ml replenisher + 25ml starter + 175ml water = 1L).
    That should read "PRO RT/PRIME LU".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin