Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,706   Posts: 1,482,851   Online: 1022

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wish I could get away with shooting all black and white outdoors. That's not a luxury I get as a portrait photographer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I've been shooting Portra for portraits for many years and the the colour balance and skin tone on this shot are about par for the course.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Looks to me like the subject is being illuminated by multiple light sources, and some of the light from above is a bit blue.

Nothing particularly unusual about that.

If the scan/colour filter setting is adjusted to balance for that light source, the rest will go a bit yellow.

Something like the attached:

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Judging from his undershirt, the color balance on the original image is pretty darned close to dead on. The purple in his hair looks a lot like the purple wall paint just beside him, so I'd chalk it up as a color cast reflection from something else in the scene. And in five years he'll really like that photo because he'll be able to say he was a rebel even as a pre-teen and had purple hair!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like it! the tonality is smooth. I'd like to see an optical print of it.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin