Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,068   Online: 1221

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Flexicolor Part A Developer Formula?

I bought 2 old flexicolor developer boxes recently, each containing part A, B, and C to make 1 gallon. The problem is, the part A's leaked in shipping; one is almost empty.

Does anyone have the recipe for part A? I'm willing to bet it's C41 minus the hydroxylamine sulfate and minus the CD4. I figured that if so, I could use my homebrew recipe to approximate the part A.

I assume part B is just hydroxylamine sulfate, and part C is just CD4. Can anyone shed light on this?

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had the reverse happen; I had part B and C go bad so mixed part A with hydroxylamine sulfate and CD-4 (I have done homebrew as well) and got excellent results. Mine was replenisher so also had to add starter. So I don't see why it shouldn't work for you. Remember to check the pH.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newcan1 View Post
    I bought 2 old flexicolor developer boxes recently, each containing part A, B, and C to make 1 gallon. The problem is, the part A's leaked in shipping; one is almost empty.

Does anyone have the recipe for part A? I'm willing to bet it's C41 minus the hydroxylamine sulfate and minus the CD4. I figured that if so, I could use my homebrew recipe to approximate the part A.

I assume part B is just hydroxylamine sulfate, and part C is just CD4. Can anyone shed light on this?
    http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=695106

Try that, minus CD-4 and HAS, mix part B and C to working solution dilutions and leave out starter, since the recipe is for working solution, you may have to adjust pH, the HAS is lower in comparison (esp to LORR) iirc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Athiril, that is indeed the formula that I generally use, so we are on the same page - that is what I had thought I would try.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin