Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,163   Online: 1159

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

C-41 Bleach Question

I plan to buy and prepare Kodak Flexicolor developer. And I'd like to reuse the bleach and fix from my Rollei-Digibase C-41 kits. I have a few questions about the bleach. Here's what I have on hand:

Bottle 1: 500ml bleach, 7 months old, processed 15 rolls (one cross-processed), did NOT use a stop or rinse between developer and bleach.
    Bottle 2: 500ml bleach, 2 months old, processed 7 rolls, used a 2% acetic acid stop and rinse between developer and bleach.

I'm wondering if Bottle 1 is too far gone (without some sort of regeneration) -- especially since I didn't stop/rinse after the developer. If not, I'd like to mix the two bottles, so that I can process multiple rolls at a time in my Paterson tank.

Does anyone see a problem here or have any other advice? In general, are there any concerns using Kodak developer with non-Kodak bleach and fix?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1. is it worth the risk?
    2. is it worth the time?
    3. there have been plenty of reported issues with the digibase bleach going bad (google it). I've had to replace mine before ever using it.
    4. brands don't make a difference in this case
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rinse well after your stop. then half way though the bleach at the specifed time, under dim incandescant lighting, take a look at the bleaching action on the film. Is there silver image left or not?
    If not, then consider extending the time as required to fully bleach.

Recall that this is before the fix, so the film will naturally be milky.

Regeneration can be as simple as a tropical fish tank air pump, short bit of air line and bubble stone - leave it to fizz into the bleach for overnight, and see if the bleach has more oomph the next run. Make careful note of volume before aerating, and replenish any evaportated water befoe re use, or you risk being short of solution to fully cover the top reel.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin