Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,616   Online: 764

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I just spoke to B&H and they told me there is no indication of any discontinuance of this film in their system or any publictions pointing this out from Kodak, so he said not to worry. but they dont have an estimated time of arrival anyway...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    This is a very good time to stock up your freezer with Kodak's, Fuji's, and film in general's future so uncertain.
    I have 3,000 ft of Portra 160NC so I'm good to go! It's unperforated, but my converted Nikkormat handles it well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lhalcong View Post
    I just spoke to B&H and they told me there is no indication of any discontinuance of this film in their system or any publictions pointing this out from Kodak, so he said not to worry. but they dont have an estimated time of arrival anyway...
    I don't believe anybody any more because how many times have film manufacturers sworn on a stack of bibles recently that they had no plans to discontinue a particular film, and before you know it it's gone ?, which is why I have enough of the films I like for about the next ten years shooting in my basement film freezer.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-25-2013 at 03:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're a wise man, Ben.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm with you, Ben.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's no shortage of Kodak Portra in the U.K, there's more than you can shake a stick at from internet retailers, but many bricks and mortar shops don't want to stock film because of the uncertain demand for a perishable product with a dated shelf life that they will have to sell off cheap once it becomes outdated.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh well, that's entirely different then. I've heard there's one store in the Atlanta area that stocks film and even some darkroom stuff, but I was unable to find it. I don't know WHERE I'd go to buy film without ordering it, other than some consumer Fuji C41 in 35mm. I order everything. I pretty much assume everyone else does now too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, Roger... with the exception of the occasional run over to Freestyle.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    This is a very good time to stock up your freezer with Kodak's, Fuji's, and film in general's future so uncertain.
    I totally agree. A few months ago there was a question as to whether Fuji Reala 120 was actually discontinued - most saying "no". Guess what? It's gone now. You can't even find it on Adorama's web site, and it's listed as discontinued on B&H's.

PS Kodak Portra 160 in 35mm: Adorama has about 40 packs of the 5 roll packs left after I relieved them of 16 packs a few hours ago. B&H is out of stock.
    Last edited by Andre Noble; 04-26-2013 at 04:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just got a 5 pack of Porta 160(120) from the FPP store looks like they have it in 35mm as well

http://filmphotographyproject.com/st...tra-160-5-pack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin