Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,614   Online: 965

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Portra 160 shortage?

Had some 35mm Portra 160 on order now for nearly three weeks, still no stock here in the UK apparently. Is this an ongoing problem? Have Kodak limited production of this film? There is obviously a strong demand so if they have, then why?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I checked the web sites of three big US sellers, B&H, Adorama and Freestyle. B&H lists it as temporarily out of stock. Freestyle has it, both regular and also some short dated specials, only in 5 roll pro packs but I'm not sure they've ever sold it otherwise. Adorama doesn't show it out of stock but I'm not sure their web site reflects inventory.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where did you order it from ? This firm has it http://www.discountfilmsdirect.co.uk...odak_por_.html, and 7 Day shop http://www.7dayshop.com/ and many others including Amazon UK.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-24-2013 at 01:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the info, I'll call them in the morning.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just received my order of 35mm Portra 160 and 400 from B&H yesterday. I ordered it Friday evening. Just 5 rolls each though. I would hope that didn't deplete them completely..... :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is a very good time to stock up your freezer with Kodak's, Fuji's, and film in general's future so uncertain.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Was it from AG photographic by any chance? I waited 3 months for Tmax 400 to never arrive before cancelling my order with them. They still haven't refunded me my money over 3 weeks later.

I always really rated them and defended them on this forum when others reported similar problems but I won't be ordering from them again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, it is a worry. Perhaps it is the movie film industry thats keeping things going, I gather film is still the preferred format for Hollywood, but for how long? Trannie film will probably be the first to go, already Fuji's range is getting very expensive. Agfa Precisa is saving the day somewhat.
    What will go first? Spares for film cameras, or film itself?....Thankfully Leicas, Rolleis, and the better Nikons seem to go on forever....hopefully Tri-X, HP5, Precisa etc. will do so too

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonh82 View Post
    Was it from AG photographic by any chance? I waited 3 months for Tmax 400 to never arrive before cancelling my order with them. They still haven't refunded me my money over 3 weeks later.

I always really rated them and defended them on this forum when others reported similar problems but I won't be ordering from them again.

Yes it was ordered from AG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rolleiman View Post
    Yes, it is a worry. Perhaps it is the movie film industry thats keeping things going, I gather film is still the preferred format for Hollywood, but for how long? Trannie film will probably be the first to go, already Fuji's range is getting very expensive.
    Considering that Fuji stopped producing motion picture film but keeps on producing transparencies I wouldn't announce the death of anything yet. There are still people buying E-6 film, Fuji wouldn't really produce it if there wasn't market for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin