Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,287   Online: 805

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is the problem. No other company has admitted to using non-polar couplers and the data on that is not in the BIOS or FIAT reports. I have read them as pertaines to the German companies and have talked personally to the members of the Japanese photo industry. I have samples of Agfa, Fuji, Oriental and Konica films and their processes. The products used the same process at the time I last used them in 1960. So, I hesitate going beyond what I have read in the reports or heard from the actual individuals involved.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That 4th system was in use from 1958 onwards.

foc

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for your responses and information and corrections. It is all much appreciated.

I know I didn't differentiate between the Kodachrome and Ektachrome reversal process when I mentioned the Kodal type process but I hadn'r done enough research on this part yet. However I'm sure you got my drift!

So is there a time line for when other manufactories changed from Agfa to Kodak type process?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would estimate that it was when EP3 was introduced for paper, and C41 for film, but the conversion to E6 came later. All Japanese companies abandoned Kodachrome type processes in the mid 70s or 80s. They moved to E6.

Agfa introduced a new paper and process in the midst of the Kodak conversion to EP3. Then they moved to EP3, so this process and paper were quite short lived.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin