Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,569   Online: 802

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    PS 10L of water is 42kJ/K therefore requires 756kJ to bring it up from 20C to 38C. At 12W, that's 17.5 hours assuming NO losses of heat to the atmosphere (perfect insulation). You really want to preheat your water in the kettle

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    PS 10L of water is 42kJ/K therefore requires 756kJ to bring it up from 20C to 38C. At 12W, that's 17.5 hours assuming NO losses of heat to the atmosphere (perfect insulation). You really want to preheat your water in the kettle
    For this purpose I installed a 10 liter boiler in my darkroom that can heat up to 80 degrees Celsius pretty fast. I also have an additional electric water heater for 1 liter standing by.

(BTW: what kind of camera are you holding on your avatar? And shouldn't you hold it upside down since you're in Australia?)
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    (BTW: what kind of camera are you holding on your avatar? And shouldn't you hold it upside down since you're in Australia?)
    It's an RZ67 with 110/2.8, AE prism and a Minolta 5600HS(D) hanging off the side. That's me at my wedding, taking this photo of my wife.

I'm holding onto the ground with my toe-claws of course, but the other cameraman is also upside down so you can't tell...

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    It's an RZ67 with 110/2.8, AE prism and a Minolta 5600HS(D) hanging off the side. That's me at my wedding, taking this photo of my wife.
    I'm holding onto the ground with my toe-claws of course, but the other cameraman is also upside down so you can't tell...
    Congratulations on your 3rd anniversary last week!!
    I think it's safe for you to let go off the ground once in a while: that's what Einstein invented gravity for ...
    But do hang on to your lovely and radiant wife!!
    As King Salomon once said:
    "Find a wife and you find a good thing; it shows that the Lord is good to you"
    "A truly good wife is the most precious treasure a man can find!
    Her husband depends on her, and she never lets him down.
    She is good to him every day of her life ...
    "
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks. Can I borrow your time machine though?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin