Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,723   Online: 746

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can buy the Fuji kits from the UK (Ag Photo) and EU (macodirect). Costs me about $4/roll to buy the stuff and get it to Australia; I imagine you'd need to significantly beat that price to make the purchase of a significant stock worth it. The fact that neither B&H nor Freestyle thinks it worth it is perhaps telling, or maybe Fuji USA is weird compared to Fuji EU.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    shipping to the us is almost as much as the kit itself.

fuji wants me to give them a number of kits i would order before they would give me a quote. i asked how many would be the minimum order and they have yet to get back to me. so not quite sure what to tell them. I asked for a quote using the minimum number but again nothing. will keep you guys updated.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The cost of the kit will depend heavily on how many you buy, because of their re-packaging and labour costs, etc.

And yes, we pay as much in shipping as for the chemicals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could be an option just to order it from EU, you'll get EU tax deduced and if you manage to find optimum amount per shipping (they're bloody heavy kits though!) maybe worth it?

I love Chrome 6X myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd probably be game for 1-2 kits/yr, depending on how much I shoot.

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    based on the email i just got back, looks like they want a minimum order in the 2000+ range which would be to much for me as i doubt i could sell that many before they expire. BUT, if they do actually say they would be willing to sell them to someone who would be willing to retail them, I would pass that email along to a place like freestyle as they could probably add it to their inventory and distribution better than a guy out of his house. but they more we, the end user, let Fuji know there is demand for this product the more likely they are to let someone distribute it for them.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Yet another unrealistic corporation.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by destroya View Post
    based on the email i just got back, looks like they want a minimum order in the 2000+ range which would be to much for me as i doubt i could sell that many before they expire. BUT, if they do actually say they would be willing to sell them to someone who would be willing to retail them, I would pass that email along to a place like freestyle as they could probably add it to their inventory and distribution better than a guy out of his house. but they more we, the end user, let Fuji know there is demand for this product the more likely they are to let someone distribute it for them.
    like I said.
    freestyle sells two different brands of slide developing kits already. I know, I know, not 6 step but fuji ain't gonna change their ways.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Yet another unrealistic corporation.
    No, they're a corporation that knows their cost structure. If they can't economically produce the kits in smaller quantities (because they're tooled up to produce 10,000L per batch), why should they do so? They're not a public service or regulated utility.

When there's a mismatch between market demand and production capability (the two pricing curves don't intersect anywhere), the market doesn't close and nothing is sold. The corporation is not "unrealistic", what is unrealistic is the expectation that they should sell you the product you want at the price & quantity you dictate.

Shooter
    127 Format
    With E-6 labs closing by the droves, who will buy 2,000 kits of E-6 processing chemicals?

Next, Fujifilm will discontinue them altogether stating "lack of demand".

There is not "lack of demand", there is only Fuji's demand of demand. That is unrealistic. You can not demand demand you can only supply demand. Or not.
    - Bill Lynch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin