Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,270   Online: 945

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    No, they're a corporation that knows their cost structure. If they can't economically produce the kits in smaller quantities (because they're tooled up to produce 10,000L per batch), why should they do so? They're not a public service or regulated utility.

When there's a mismatch between market demand and production capability (the two pricing curves don't intersect anywhere), the market doesn't close and nothing is sold. The corporation is not "unrealistic", what is unrealistic is the expectation that they should sell you the product you want at the price & quantity you dictate.
    Why should they sell the chemicals to process the films they already export? why shouldn't they?

the 5 liter kits are already produced and sold, just not here in the states. Put them on a pallet, put in a shipping container, put on a boat.
    when I was trying to convince them to sell 4x5 instant b+w film here, it was the same b.s. and months of delays til it did end up for sale here.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    The cost of the kit will depend heavily on how many you buy, because of their re-packaging and labour costs, etc.
    I know that, but can we get at least a rough estimate? Will they cost $4 or $2000?
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    With E-6 labs closing by the droves, who will buy 2,000 kits of E-6 processing chemicals?

Next, Fujifilm will discontinue them altogether stating "lack of demand".

There is not "lack of demand", there is only Fuji's demand of demand. That is unrealistic. You can not demand demand you can only supply demand. Or not.
    It would be unrealistic for Fuji to produce a product for which there is insufficient demand, then lament the fact that there is insufficient demand when explaining to their shareholders the diminution in net income caused by the practice of producing products for which there is insufficient demand.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Also, I periodically buy the Fuji 5 liter kit from the UK, shipped to the US. No problems at all. I'm almost through my second box. So the issue is not supply; it's convenience.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    It would be unrealistic for Fuji to produce a product for which there is insufficient demand, then lament the fact that there is insufficient demand when explaining to their shareholders the diminution in net income caused by the practice of producing products for which there is insufficient demand.
    And therein lies the fundamental problem with the publicly-held corporation.
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    so let me ask this keu question. What price would you pay for the 5L 6 bath kit? if they tell me they can get me the kit for $120 and people will only pay $100 then it wont be financially feasible. If i Do this I'm not in it to make money, just cover all costs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by okto View Post
    And therein lies the fundamental problem with the publicly-held corporation.
    Is this also the fundamental problem with the sole proprietor?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by destroya View Post
    so let me ask this keu question. What price would you pay for the 5L 6 bath kit? if they tell me they can get me the kit for $120 and people will only pay $100 then it wont be financially feasible. If i Do this I'm not in it to make money, just cover all costs.
    $100-$120-ish sounds about right to me...

Duncan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin