Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,153   Online: 1071

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MamiyaJen View Post
    ... All i wanted to know was if the wrapper being torn would damage the film.
    Straight answer: Possibly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    FWIW, based on what you have described, a full refund upon return of the goods seems fair. Any deviation from your description on the auction can lead to problems. Certainly, some buyers won't care if there is a slight deviation, but many will and if you were in their shoes, you might too. Seems like a "karma" thing as much as anything else.
    Which is what I've offered. I can perfectly understand that I should have mentioned it, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I've given my reasons and we'll see if he accepts them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Straight answer: Possibly.
    Thank you. That's all I wanted. I said originally that I didn't think it would effect the film as it never has in my experience. And as I said to the buyer, the film itself has never been touched/tampered with in any way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... and since you asked if you have a leg to stand on in your first post: I predict that if it goes to an ebay dispute you will not.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ... and since you asked if you have a leg to stand on in your first post: I predict that if it goes to an ebay dispute you will not.
    Will have to wait and see. Out of interest, do you know if he ignores my offer and opens a dispute, will he still have to return the film? If he wants a refund he can have it but I'm not too keen on giving one without getting the film back. That would definitely make me arsey if I'm honest!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    MamiyaJen,

I don't mean to come off as an ethics teacher. You ARE being responsible, offering refund if buyer would like to return the goods. No problem there.

A variety of acceptable responses are possible when issues arise.

I tend towards "falling over backwards" so my advice comes from that angle. You don't have to respond to situations the way I would.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the formal dispute resolution process would require him to return the film. That would certainly drive the buyer to drop all interest... and give you bad feedback. Given the choice of feeling "arsey" or having bad feedback published about me, I'd certainly choose one of those options over the other. This is an emotional dispute going on between you and your buyer based on total uncertainty of the product quality, but the amount of money is nothing more than chump-change. I wouldn't be wasting so much energy over it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    You don't have to respond to situations the way I would.
    Same for me!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    MamiyaJen,

I don't mean to come off as an ethics teacher. You ARE being responsible, offering refund if buyer would like to return the goods. No problem there.

A variety of acceptable responses are possible when issues arise.

I tend towards "falling over backwards" so my advice comes from that angle. You don't have to respond to situations the way I would.
    It's ok. I'm feeling under the weather at the mo being full of cold and the way this buyer's behaving just peed me off a bit. Getting the feeling I'm being lectured doesn't help a great deal hey ho, it's all a waiting game now anyway.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Same for me!
    MamiyaJen,

Just so you know... BrianShaw sent me a box of flashbulbs for nothing, just shipping. He's that kind of guy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin