Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,317   Online: 984

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    To give you some answer to your question about what to do... and at least add a little value, and let you know we have your side...

Just checked some advice from UK eBay site forums, people generally 1) Require returned goods at buyer's expense 2) Good sellers pay the return shipping 3) You can waive the return requirement if you want to 4) After it's returned to you and you have it, refund only via the Paypal transaction they paid by.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    To give you some answer to your question about what to do... and at least add a little value, and let you know we have your side...

Just checked some advice from UK eBay site forums, people generally 1) Require returned goods at buyer's expense 2) Good sellers pay the return shipping 3) You can waive the return requirement if you want to 4) After it's returned to you and you have it, refund only via the Paypal transaction they paid by.
    Thanks Bill, that's much appreciated. Still no reply as of yet. Very nice of Brian, too The film I got, that this was part of, was given to me by a former tutor at uni. I'd have done the same for a fellow photog but none of my photog friends use film (crazy souls that they are). I never even thought of coming on here and offering it up. I'll bear it in mind for the future though!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Two weeks ago I bought a hub cap on ebay and was sent the wrong one.All the seller had to do was tell me to send it back to receive the right one(ie the one I originally ordered).He wouldn't reply to my emails.I took it to the resolution center and was given my original payment back-even though I still have the wrong hubcap.Now the buyer is two hubcaps out of pocket.Lesson-it pays to deal with customers directly.You might just lose the film and your payment if you don't try to resolve the problem yourself.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    Two weeks ago I bought a hub cap on ebay and was sent the wrong one.All the seller had to do was tell me to send it back to receive the right one(ie the one I originally ordered).He wouldn't reply to my emails.I took it to the resolution center and was given my original payment back-even though I still have the wrong hubcap.Now the buyer is two hubcaps out of pocket.Lesson-it pays to deal with customers directly.You might just lose the film and your payment if you don't try to resolve the problem yourself.
    Which is what I have done.

As an aside note, as part of some other stuff I was selling on ebay was a very old Gnome enlarger. Can't remember how long I've had it or how much I paid for it but it's been gathering dust in my garage for ages. Gave it a clean and put it on ebay, stated local pickup ony due to size. Sold for a whopping £1! Tbh I just wanted rid so couldn't care less how much it went for. BUT the buyer, despite paying already via paypal, has never responded to my messages asking when they want to come and collect it. So I've still got this enlarger and am £1 up! My guess is either the petrol cost wasn't worth it or they took pity on me because it wasn't selling until they bid

Having just looked where the buyer is from, i'm inclined to think it's the former. I'm in Doncaster and she's in Kent! More than a 3 hour drive for a £1 item. Bonkers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin